The Geography of Internet Infrastructure: An evolutionary simulation approach based on preferential attachment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sandra Vinciguerra & Koen Frenken & Marco Valente, 2010. "The Geography of Internet Infrastructure: An Evolutionary Simulation Approach Based on Preferential Attachment," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(9), pages 1969-1984, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ben Derudder & Christof Parnreiter, 2014. "Introduction: The Interlocking Network Model for Studying Urban Networks: Outline, Potential, Critiques, and Ways Forward," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 105(4), pages 373-386, September.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Cilem Selin Hazir, 2011.
"Conceptualizing the Role of Geographical Proximity in Project Based R&D Networks: A Literature Survey,"
- Cilem Selin Hazir, 2011. "Conceptualizing the Role of Geographical Proximity in Project Based R&D Networks: A Literature Survey," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1616, European Regional Science Association.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Cilem Selin Hazir, 2013.
"Network Formation and Geography: Modelling Approaches, Underlying Conceptions, Recent and Promising Extensions,"
- Cilem Selin Hazir & Corinne Autant-Bernard, 2013. "Network Formation and Geography : Modelling Approaches, Underlying Conceptions, Recent and Promising Extensions," Working Papers 1312, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Cilem Selin Hazir, 2013. "Network Formation and Geography : Modelling Approaches, Underlying Conceptions, Recent and Promising Extensions," Working Papers halshs-00803536, HAL.
- César Ducruet & Laurent Beauguitte, 2014. "Spatial Science and Network Science: Review and Outcomes of a Complex Relationship," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 297-316, December.
- Emmanouil Tranos & Peter Nijkamp, 2014. "Digital infrastructure and physical proximity," Chapters,in: Regional Development and Proximity Relations, chapter 8, pages 267-290 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Emmanouil Tranos & Peter Nijkamp, 2013.
"The Death Of Distance Revisited: Cyber-Place, Physical And Relational Proximities,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 855-873, December.
- Emmanouil Tranos & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "The Death of Distance Revisited: Cyberplace, Physical and Relational Proximities," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-066/3, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
Keywordscomplex networks; preferential attachment; geographical distance; average path length; average clustering coefficient; Quadratic Assignment Proecedure; Internet; world cities; global cities;
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2010-04-17 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2010-04-17 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2010-04-17 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2010-04-17 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:egu:wpaper:1006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deguunl.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .