A systems approach to livability and sustainability: defining terms and mapping relationships to link desires with ecological opportunities and constraints
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Johan Rockström & Will Steffen & Kevin Noone & Åsa Persson & F. Stuart Chapin & Eric F. Lambin & Timothy M. Lenton & Marten Scheffer & Carl Folke & Hans Joachim Schellnhuber & Björn Nykvist & Cynthia , 2009. "A safe operating space for humanity," Nature, Nature, vol. 461(7263), pages 472-475, September.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miller, Harvey J. & Witlox, Frank & Tribby, Calvin P., 2013. "Developing context-sensitive livability indicators for transportation planning: a measurement framework," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 51-64.
- Arnab Chakraborty, 2012. "Recognizing Uncertainty and Linked Decisions in Public Participation: A New Framework for Collaborative Urban Planning," Systems Research and Behavioral Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 131-148, March.
- Badland, Hannah & Whitzman, Carolyn & Lowe, Melanie & Davern, Melanie & Aye, Lu & Butterworth, Iain & Hes, Dominique & Giles-Corti, Billie, 2014. "Urban liveability: Emerging lessons from Australia for exploring the potential for indicators to measure the social determinants of health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 64-73.
- Guohua Bai & Lawrence Henesey, 2012. "Coping with System Sustainability: A Sociocybernetics Model for Social‐Economic System Architecture," Systems Research and Behavioral Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 263-273, May.
- Richard Henry Rijnks & Sierdjan Koster & Philip McCann, 2018. "Spatial Heterogeneity in Amenity and Labor Market Migration," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 41(2), pages 183-209, March.
- Beatriz Valcárcel-Aguiar & Pilar Murias & Alexandre Vecino-Aguirre, 2022. "Liveability Versus Sustainability in Spanish Cities: First Evidences Using Synthetic Indicators," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 17(4), pages 1935-1960, August.
- de Chazal, Jacqueline, 2010. "Examining resilience and vulnerability as concepts conditional upon human values: a review," Research Reports 107581, Australian National University, Environmental Economics Research Hub.
- Philip Leat & Cesar Revoredo-Giha & Chrysa Lamprinopoulou, 2011. "Scotland’s Food and Drink Policy Discussion: Sustainability Issues in the Food Supply Chain," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 3(4), pages 1-27, March.
- Jacqueline de Chazal, 2010. "Examining resilience and vulnerability as concepts conditional upon human values: a review," Environmental Economics Research Hub Research Reports 1082, Environmental Economics Research Hub, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Beatriz Valcárcel-Aguiar & Pilar Murias & David Rodríguez-González, 2018. "Sustainable Urban Liveability: A Practical Proposal Based on a Composite Indicator," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(1), pages 1-18, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nelson, Ewan & Warren, Peter, 2020. "UK transport decoupling: On track for clean growth in transport?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 39-51.
- Richter, Andries & Dakos, Vasilis, 2015. "Profit fluctuations signal eroding resilience of natural resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 12-21.
- Rostami-Tabar, Bahman & Ali, Mohammad M. & Hong, Tao & Hyndman, Rob J. & Porter, Michael D. & Syntetos, Aris, 2022.
"Forecasting for social good,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1245-1257.
- Bahman Rostami-Tabar & Mohammad M Ali & Tao Hong & Rob J Hyndman & Michael D Porter & Aris Syntetos, 2020. "Forecasting for Social Good," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 37/20, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Huiyuan Guan & Yongping Bai & Chunyue Zhang, 2022. "Research on Ecosystem Security and Restoration Pattern of Urban Agglomeration in the Yellow River Basin," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(18), pages 1-19, September.
- Filipa Correia & Philipp Erfruth & Julie Bryhn, 2018. "The 2030 Agenda: The roadmap to GlobALLizaton," Working Papers 156, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Birgit Kopainsky & Anita Frehner & Adrian Müller, 2020. "Sustainable and healthy diets: Synergies and trade‐offs in Switzerland," Systems Research and Behavioral Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(6), pages 908-927, November.
- Hervé Corvellec & Johan Hultman & Anne Jerneck & Susanne Arvidsson & Johan Ekroos & Niklas Wahlberg & Timothy W. Luke, 2021. "Resourcification: A non‐essentialist theory of resources for sustainable development," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(6), pages 1249-1256, November.
- Pérez-Sánchez, Laura & Velasco-Fernández, Raúl & Giampietro, Mario, 2021. "The international division of labor and embodied working time in trade for the US, the EU and China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C).
- Islam, Moinul & Kotani, Koji & Managi, Shunsuke, 2016.
"Climate perception and flood mitigation cooperation: A Bangladesh case study,"
Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 117-133.
- Moinul Islam & Koji Kotani, 2015. "Perceptions to climatic changes and cooperative attitudes toward flood protection in Bangladesh," Working Papers SDES-2015-5, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Jan 2015.
- Janet Judy McIntyre‐Mills, 2013. "Anthropocentrism and Well‐being: A Way Out of the Lobster Pot?," Systems Research and Behavioral Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 136-155, March.
- Hametner, Markus, 2022. "Economics without ecology: How the SDGs fail to align socioeconomic development with environmental sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 199(C).
- Ronja Teschner & Jessica Ruppen & Basil Bornemann & Rony Emmenegger & Lucía Aguirre Sánchez, 2021. "Mapping Sustainable Diets: A Comparison of Sustainability References in Dietary Guidelines of Swiss Food Governance Actors," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(21), pages 1-21, November.
- Kim, Yeon-Su & Rodrigues, Marcos & Robinne, François-Nicolas, 2021. "Economic drivers of global fire activity: A critical review using the DPSIR framework," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C).
- Kaltenegger, Oliver & Löschel, Andreas & Pothen, Frank, 2017.
"The effect of globalisation on energy footprints: Disentangling the links of global value chains,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(S1), pages 148-168.
- Kaltenegger, Oliver & Löschel, Andreas & Pothe, Frank, 2017. "The effect of globalisation on energy footprints: Disentangling the links of global value chains," MEP Discussion Papers 94, University of Münster, Münster Center for Economic Policy (MEP).
- Kaltenegger, Oliver & Löschel, Andreas & Pothen, Frank, 2017. "The Effect of Globalisation on Energy Footprints: Disentangling the Links of Global Value Chains," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-587, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Hörisch, Jacob & Ortas, Eduardo & Schaltegger, Stefan & Álvarez, Igor, 2015. "Environmental effects of sustainability management tools: An empirical analysis of large companies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 241-249.
- Zhang, Yanjie & Pan, Ying & Li, Meng & Wang, Zhipeng & Wu, Junxi & Zhang, Xianzhou & Cao, Yanan, 2021. "Impacts of human appropriation of net primary production on ecosystem regulating services in Tibet," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 47(C).
- Telmo José Mendes & Diego Silva Siqueira & Eduardo Barretto Figueiredo & Ricardo de Oliveira Bordonal & Mara Regina Moitinho & José Marques Júnior & Newton La Scala Jr., 2021. "Soil carbon stock estimations: methods and a case study of the Maranhão State, Brazil," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(11), pages 16410-16427, November.
- Sergio Genovesi & Julia Maria Mönig, 2022. "Acknowledging Sustainability in the Framework of Ethical Certification for AI," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(7), pages 1-10, March.
- Ethan Gordon & Federico Davila & Chris Riedy, 2022. "Transforming landscapes and mindscapes through regenerative agriculture," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 39(2), pages 809-826, June.
- Aurélien Bruel & Jakub Kronenberg & Nadège Troussier & Bertrand Guillaume, 2019. "Linking Industrial Ecology and Ecological Economics: A Theoretical and Empirical Foundation for the Circular Economy," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 23(1), pages 12-21, February.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENV-2010-06-26 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:een:eenhrr:1064. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: CAP Web Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.