Stability of Growth Models with Generalised Lag Structures
This paper considers the lag structures of dynamic models in economics, arguing that the standard approach is too simple to capture the complexity of actual lag structures arising, for example, from production and investment decisions. It is argued that recent (1990s) developments in the the theory of functional differential equations provide a means to analyse models with generalised lag structures. The stability and asymptotic stability of two growth models with generalised lag structures are analysed. The paper concludes with some speculative discussion of time-varying parameters.
|Date of creation:||20 Jun 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.econ.ed.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990.
"Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment,"
3137-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Saman Majd & Robert S. Pindyck, 1985.
"Time to Build, Option Value, and Investment Decisions,"
NBER Working Papers
1654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Majd, Saman & Pindyck, Robert S., 1987. "Time to build, option value, and investment decisions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 7-27, March.
- Tiago Neves Sequeira, 2008.
"Transitional Dynamics Of An Endogenous Growth Model With An Erosion Effect,"
University of Manchester, vol. 76(4), pages 436-452, 07.
- Sequeira, Tiago Neves, 2007. "Transitional Dynamics of an Endogenous Growth Model with an Erosion Effect," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp508, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- William C. Wheaton, 1987. "The Cyclic Behavior of the National Office Market," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 15(4), pages 281-299.
- Dajin Li, 2002. "Is the AK model still alive? The long-run relation between growth and investment re-examined," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(1), pages 92-114, February.
- Donald A. R. George & Les Oxley & Ken Carlaw, 2003. "Economic Growth in Transition," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 227-237, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:edn:esedps:205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gina Reddie)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.