Equilibrium Dynamics in a Two-Sector Model with Taxes
In this paper we are concerned with the equilibrium dynamics of a two-sector model of endogenous growth with distortionary taxes. We show that for certain parameters values and tax schemes every equilibrium orbit--except the steady state solution--is non-interior; i.e., there are times in which one of the sectors is inactive. This analysis confirms that in multisector models the set of easily checkable, universal conditions that can guarantee the interiority of equilibrium solutions is rather limited.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 402 Uris Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853|
Phone: (607) 255-9901
Fax: (607) 255-2818
Web page: http://www.arts.cornell.edu/econ/CAE/workingpapers.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nancy L. Stokey & Sergio Rebelo, 1993.
"Growth Effects of Flat-Rate Taxes,"
NBER Working Papers
4426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1993. "Transitional Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 739-773.
- McGrattan, Ellen R. & Schmitz, James Jr., 1999.
"Explaining cross-country income differences,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,
in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 669-737
- Antonio Ladron de Guevara & Salvador Ortigueira & Manuel S. Santos, 1994.
"Equilibrium Dynamics in Two-Sector Models of Endogenous Growth,"
9403, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Ladron-de-Guevara, Antonio & Ortigueira, Salvador & Santos, Manuel S., 1997. "Equilibrium dynamics in two-sector models of endogenous growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 115-143, January.
- Santos, Manuel S. & Ortigueira, Salvador & Ladrón de Guevara, Antonio, 1994. "Equilibrium dynamics in two-sector models of endogenous growth," UC3M Working papers. Economics 2913, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Matsuyama, K., 1996.
"Growing through cycles,"
DELTA Working Papers
96-18, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Rebelo, Sergio, 1991.
"Long-Run Policy Analysis and Long-Run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 500-521, June.
- Xavier Raurich, 2001. "Indeterminancy and Government Spending in a Two-Sector Model of Endogenous Growth," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 4(1), pages 210-229, January.
- Salvador Ortigueira, 1999. "Equilibrium Indeterminacy in an Endogenous Growth Model: Debt as a Coordination Device," Working Papers 9901, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Bond, Eric W. & Wang, Ping & Yip, Chong K., 1996. "A General Two-Sector Model of Endogenous Growth with Human and Physical Capital: Balanced Growth and Transitional Dynamics," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 149-173, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:corcae:01-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.