Bank heterogeneity and monetary policy transmission
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & Manthos D. Delis, 2009. "Bank Heterogeneity and Monetary Policy Transmission," Working Papers 101, Bank of Greece.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2006. "Money in a Theory of Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 30-53, March.
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Robert Marquez, 2006. "Lending Booms and Lending Standards," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(5), pages 2511-2546, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agur, Itai & Demertzis, Maria, 2013.
"“Leaning against the wind” and the timing of monetary policy,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 179-194.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2011. ""Leaning Against the Wind" and the Timing of Monetary Pollicy," DNB Working Papers 303, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2013. "Leaning Against the Wind and the Timing of Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 13/86, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:pje:journl:article28winiii is not listed on IDEAS
- Ricci, Ornella, 2015. "The impact of monetary policy announcements on the stock price of large European banks during the financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 245-255.
- Delis, Manthos D. & Kouretas, Georgios P., 2011. "Interest rates and bank risk-taking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 840-855, April.
- Carolina Ortega Londoño, 2018. "Transmission of Monetary Policy and Bank Heterogeneity in Colombia," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 016792, Universidad EAFIT.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2010. "Monetary Policy and Excessive Bank Risk Taking," DNB Working Papers 271, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- repec:men:journl:v:4:y:2018:i:2:p:143-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carolina Ortega Londoño & Diego Restrepo, 2018. "Transmission of Monetary Policy and Bank Heterogeneity in Colombia," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 016987, Universidad EAFIT.
- Guerello, Chiara, 2014. "The cost of deviating from the optimal monetary policy: A panel VAR analysis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 210-229.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:89:y:2018:i:c:p:1-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Agur, Itai & Demertzis, Maria, 2019.
"Will macroprudential policy counteract monetary policy’s effects on financial stability?,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 65-75.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2015. "Will Macroprudential Policy Counteract Monetary Policy’s Effects on Financial Stability?," IMF Working Papers 15/283, International Monetary Fund.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2018. "Will macroprudential policy counteract monetary policy’s effects on financial stability?," Working Papers 23907, Bruegel.
- Ferri, Giovanni & Kalmi, Panu & Kerola, Eeva, 2014. "Does bank ownership affect lending behavior? Evidence from the Euro area," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 194-209.
- Vasilis Droucopoulos & Panagiotis Chronis, 2010. "“Assessing market dominance”: a comment and an extension," Working Papers 109, Bank of Greece.
- Ekin Ayse Ozsuca & Elif Akbostanci, 2012. "An Empirical Analysis of the Risk Taking Channel of Monetary Policy in Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1208, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Dec 2012.
- Agur, Itai & Demertzis, Maria, 2012. "Excessive bank risk taking and monetary policy," Working Paper Series 1457, European Central Bank.
- Nguyen, Vu Hong Thai & Boateng, Agyenim, 2015. "An analysis of involuntary excess reserves, monetary policy and risk-taking behaviour of Chinese Banks," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 63-72.
- repec:eee:jmacro:v:54:y:2017:i:pb:p:373-392 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ioanna Kokores, 2015. "Lean-Against-the-Wind Monetary Policy: The Post-Crisis Shift in the Literature," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 65(3-4), pages 66-99, july-Dece.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Solanko, Laura & Weill, Laurent, 2014. "Does competition influence the bank lending channel in the euro area?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 356-366.
- Martien Lamers & Frederik Mergaerts & Elien Meuleman & Rudi Vander Vennet, 2016. "The trade-off between monetary policy and bank stability," Working Paper Research 308, National Bank of Belgium.
More about this item
KeywordsBank heterogeneity; bank performance; monetary policy; risk-taking;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2010-08-28 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2010-08-28 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2010-08-28 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2010-08-28 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2010-08-28 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbwps:20101233. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.