Report NEP-BAN-2010-08-28This is the archive for NEP-BAN, a report on new working papers in the area of Banking. Christian Calmes issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Berger, Allen N. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Korhonen, Iikka & Zhou, Mingming, 2010. "Does diversification increase or decrease bank risk and performance? Evidence on diversification and the risk-return tradeoff in banking," BOFIT Discussion Papers 9/2010, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Hajime Tomura, 2010. "Liquidity Transformation and Bank Capital Requirements," Working Papers 10-22, Bank of Canada.
- Mariya Teteryatnikova, 2010. "Resilience of the Interbank Network to Shocks and Optimal Bail-Out Strategy: Advantages of "Tiered" Banking Systems," Vienna Economics Papers 1007, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Delis, Manthos D., 2010. "Bank heterogeneity and monetary policy transmission," Working Paper Series 1233, European Central Bank.
- Karas, Alexei & Pyle, William & Schoors, Koen, 2010. "The effect of deposit insurance on market discipline: Evidence from a natural experiment on deposit flows," BOFIT Discussion Papers 8/2010, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Dietrich, Diemo & Hauck, Achim, 2010. "Government interventions in banking crises: Assessing alternative schemes in a banking model of debt overhang," MPRA Paper 24508, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adams, Charles, 2010. "The Role of the State in Managing and Forestalling Systemic Financial Crises: Some Issues and Perspectives," ADBI Working Papers 242, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- L. Randall Wray, 2010. "What Do Banks Do? What Should Banks Do?," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_612, Levy Economics Institute.
- Lucjan T. Orlowski, 2010. "Proliferation of risk and policy responses in the EU financial markets," European Economy - Economic Papers 416, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Sá, P., 2010. "Evidence on Financial Globalization and Crisis: Geographic/Bilateral External Balance Sheets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1038, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Arturo J. Galindo, Alejandro Izquierdo, and Liliana Rojas-Suarez, 2010. "Financial Integration and Foreign Banks in Latin America: Do They Amplify External Financial Shocks?," Working Papers 203, Center for Global Development.
- Morgan J. Rose, 2010. "Origination Channel, Prepayment Penalties, and Default," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 10-124, UMBC Department of Economics, revised 01 Jul 2011.