Governance Choices and Policy Outcomes in the Latin American and Caribbean Electricity Sector
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- de Halleux, Morgane & Estache, Antonio & Serebrisky, Tomas, 2020. "Governance choices and policy outcomes in the Latin American and caribbean electricity sector," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C).
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Marie Baland & François Bourguignon & Jean-Phlippe Platteau & Thierry Verdier, 2020.
"The Handbook of Economic Development and Institutions,"
- Jean-Marie Baland & François Bourguignon & Jean-Phlippe Platteau & Thierry Verdier, 2020. "The Handbook of Economic Development and Institutions," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-02489840, HAL.
- Luis Andres & José Luis Guasch & Sebastián Lopez Azumendi, 2009.
"Regulatory Governance and Sector Performance: Methodology and Evaluation for Electricity Distribution in Latin America,"
Chapters, in: Claude Ménard & Michel Ghertman (ed.), Regulation, Deregulation, Reregulation, chapter 6,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Andres, Luis & Guasch, Jose Luis & Azumendi, Sebastian Lopez, 2008. "Regulatory governance and sector performance : methodology and evaluation for Electricity distribution in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4494, The World Bank.
- Scott P. Burger & Christopher R. Knittel & Ignacio J. Pérez-Arriaga & Ian Schneider & Frederik vom Scheidt, 2019. "The Efficiency and Distributional Effects of Alternative Residential Electricity Rate Designs," NBER Working Papers 25570, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta & Olivier Boylaud, 2000. "Summary Indicators of Product Market Regulation with an Extension to Employment Protection Legislation," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 226, OECD Publishing.
- World Bank, 2018. "Doing Business 2018," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 28608.
- Michela Nardo & Michaela Saisana & Andrea Saltelli & Stefano Tarantola & Anders Hoffman & Enrico Giovannini, 2005. "Handbook on Constructing Composite Indicators: Methodology and User Guide," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2005/3, OECD Publishing.
- repec:idb:brikps:82983 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luis A. Andrés & Jordan Schwartz & J. Luis Guasch, 2013. "Uncovering the Drivers of Utility Performance : Lessons from Latin America and the Caribbean on the Role of the Private Sector, Regulation, and Governance in the Power, Water, and Telecommunication Se," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 15774.
- Michael Freudenberg, 2003. "Composite Indicators of Country Performance: A Critical Assessment," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2003/16, OECD Publishing.
- Tooraj Jamasb & Rabindra Nepal & Govinda R. Timilsina, 2017. "A Quarter Century Effort Yet to Come of Age: A Survey of Electricity Sector Reform in Developing Countries," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Foster,Vivien & Witte,Samantha Helen & Banerjee,Sudeshna Ghosh & Vega Moreno,Alejandro & Foster,Vivien & Witte,Samantha Helen & Banerjee,Sudeshna Ghosh & Vega Moreno,Alejandro, 2017. "Charting the diffusion of power sector reforms across the developing world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8235, The World Bank.
- Polemis, Michael L., 2016. "New evidence on the impact of structural reforms on electricity sector performance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 420-431.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lisa Bagnoli & Salvador Bertomeu & Antonio Estache, 2020. "How does the Ownership of Electricity Distribution relate to Energy Poverty in Latin America and the Caribbean ?," Working Papers ECARES 2020-37, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mohsin, Muhammad & Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2022. "Nexus between financial development and energy poverty in Latin America," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 165(C).
- Lisa Bagnoli & Salvador Bertomeu & Antonio Estache & Maria Vagliasindi, 2020. "Are the Poor Better Off with Public or Private Utilities ?A Survey of the Academic Evidence on Developing Economies," Working Papers ECARES 2020-24, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Zabaloy, Maria Florencia & Viego, Valentina, 2022. "Household electricity demand in Latin America and the Caribbean: A meta-analysis of price elasticity," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:4:y:2006:i:2:p:14567508 is not listed on IDEAS
- Groh, Alexander P. & Wich, Matthias, 2009. "A composite measure to determine a host country's attractiveness for foreign direct investment," IESE Research Papers D/833, IESE Business School.
- Groh, Alexander Peter & Wich, Matthias, 2012. "Emerging economies' attraction of foreign direct investment," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 210-229.
- Groh, Alexander Peter & von Liechtenstein, Heinrich, 2009. "How attractive is central Eastern Europe for risk capital investors?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 625-647, June.
- Groh, Alexander Peter & von Liechtenstein, Heinrich & Lieser, Karsten, 2010. "The European Venture Capital and Private Equity country attractiveness indices," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 205-224, April.
- Groh, Alexander P. & Liechtenstein, Heinrich & Lieser, Karsten, 2008. "The European venture capital and private equity country attractiveness index(es)," IESE Research Papers D/773, IESE Business School.
- Groh, Alexander P. & Liectenstein, Heinrich, 2009. "The first step of the capital flow from institutions to entrepreneurs: The criteria for sorting venture capital funds," IESE Research Papers D/795, IESE Business School.
- Wolfgang Ochel & Oliver RÃ¶hn, 2006. "Ranking of Countries - The WEF, IMD, Fraser and Heritage Indices," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 4(2), pages 48-60, 07.
- Andrea Saltelli, 2007. "Composite Indicators between Analysis and Advocacy," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 81(1), pages 65-77, March.
- Hertrich Markus, 2019.
"A Novel Housing Price Misalignment Indicator for Germany,"
German Economic Review, De Gruyter, vol. 20(4), pages 759-794, December.
- Markus Hertrich, 2019. "A Novel Housing Price Misalignment Indicator for Germany," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 20(4), pages 759-794, November.
- Hertrich, Markus, 2019. "A novel housing price misalignment indicator for Germany," Discussion Papers 31/2019, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Marta de la Cuesta-González & Cristina Ruza & José M. Rodríguez-Fernández, 2020. "Rethinking the Income Inequality and Financial Development Nexus. A Study of Nine OECD Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(13), pages 1-18, July.
- Arvanitidis, Paschalis & Petrakos, George, 2007. "Characteristics of Dynamic Regions in the World Economy: Defining Knowledge-Driven Economic Dynamism," Papers DYNREG19, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Pollesch, N.L. & Dale, V.H., 2016. "Normalization in sustainability assessment: Methods and implications," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 195-208.
- Bastianin, Andrea & Castelnovo, Paolo & Florio, Massimo, 2018.
"Evaluating regulatory reform of network industries: a survey of empirical models based on categorical proxies,"
Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 115-128.
- Andrea Bastianin & Paolo Castelnovo & Massimo Florio, 2018. "Evaluating regulatory reform of network industries: a survey of empirical models based on categorical proxies," Papers 1810.03348, arXiv.org.
- Laurens CHERCHYE & Willem MOESEN & Nicky ROGGE & Tom VAN PUYENBROECK, 2009.
"Constructing a knowledge economy composite indicator with imprecise data,"
Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven
ces09.15, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Cherchye, Laurens & Moesen, Willem & Rogge, Nicky, 2009. "Constructing a Knowledge Economy Composite Indicator with Imprecise Data," Working Papers 2009/16, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Mr. Alexander Massara & André Mialou, 2014. "Assessing Countries’ Financial Inclusion Standing - A New Composite Index," IMF Working Papers 2014/036, International Monetary Fund.
- Edson Kogachi & Adonias Ferreira & Carlos Cavalcante & Marcelo Embiruçu, 2021. "Development of Performance Evaluation Indicators for Table Grape Packaging Units. 2. Global Indexes," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(11), pages 1-16, June.
- Annalina Sarra & Eugenia Nissi, 2020. "A Spatial Composite Indicator for Human and Ecosystem Well-Being in the Italian Urban Areas," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 148(2), pages 353-377, April.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano, 2014. "On the composite indicators for food security: Decisions matter!," MPRA Paper 58955, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mourão, Paulo, 2007. "Towards a Fiscal Illusion Index," MPRA Paper 9760, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Jul 2008.
- Tan, Alvin & Brewer, Paul & Liesch, Peter W., 2007. "Before the first export decision: Internationalisation readiness in the pre-export phase," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 294-309, June.
More about this item
Keywordsgovernance choices; policy outcomes; Latin America; Carribean; electricity sector;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2019-01-28 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/282489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Benoit Pauwels (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.