How “smart” are Latin American cities?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Estache, Antonio & Garsous, Grégoire & Seroa da Motta, Ronaldo, 2016.
"Shared Mandates, Moral Hazard, and Political (Mis)alignment in a Decentralized Economy,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 98-110.
- Antonio Estache & Grégoire Garsous & Ronaldo Seroa da Motta, 2014. "Shared Mandates, Moral Hazard and Political (Mis)alignment in a Decentralized Economy," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2014-47, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, Antonio & Garsous, Grégoire & Seroa da Motta, Ronaldo, 2015. "Shared Mandates, Moral Hazard, and Political (Mis)alignment in a Decentralized Economy," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6882, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta & Olivier Boylaud, 2000. "Summary Indicators of Product Market Regulation with an Extension to Employment Protection Legislation," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 226, OECD Publishing.
- Robert G. Hollands, 2008. "Will the real smart city please stand up?," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 303-320, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Wentao Xiong, 2017. "Urban Productivity in the Developing World," NBER Working Papers 23279, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Wentao Xiong, 2017. "Urban productivity in the developing world," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(3), pages 373-404.
- Amel Attour & Alain Rallet, 2014. "Le rôle des territoires dans le développement des systèmes trans-sectoriels d'innovation locaux : le cas des smart cities," Innovations, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 253-279.
- Renata Paola Dameri, 2017. "Smart City Implementation," Progress in IS, Springer, number 978-3-319-45766-6, September.
- Amy Glasmeier & Susan Christopherson, 2015. "Thinking about smart cities," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 8(1), pages 3-12.
- Amel Attour & Alain Rallet, 2014. "Le rôle des territoires dans le développement des systèmes trans-sectoriels d'innovation locaux : le cas des smart cities," Post-Print halshs-01062020, HAL.
- Stephen Graham, 2002. "Bridging Urban Digital Divides? Urban Polarisation and Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs)," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(1), pages 33-56, January.
- Lazaroiu, George Cristian & Roscia, Mariacristina, 2012. "Definition methodology for the smart cities model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 326-332.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Johannes Stübinger & Lucas Schneider, 2020. "Understanding Smart City—A Data-Driven Literature Review," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(20), pages 1-23, October.
- Alexander Prado Lara & Eduardo Moreira Da Costa & Thiago Zilinscki Furlani & Tan Yigitcanla, 2016. "Smartness that matters: towards a comprehensive and human-centred characterisation of smart cities," Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(2), pages 1-13, June.
- Renata Biadacz & Marek Biadacz, 2021. "Implementation of “Smart” Solutions and An Attempt to Measure Them: A Case Study of Czestochowa, Poland," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(18), pages 1-27, September.
- Kummitha, Rama Krishna Reddy, 2018. "Entrepreneurial urbanism and technological panacea: Why Smart City planning needs to go beyond corporate visioning?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 330-339.
- Justyna Żywiołek & Francesco Schiavone, 2021. "Perception of the Quality of Smart City Solutions as a Sense of Residents’ Safety," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(17), pages 1-16, September.
- Leroux, Erick & Pupion, Pierre-Charles, 2022. "Smart territories and IoT adoption by local authorities: A question of trust, efficiency, and relationship with the citizen-user-taxpayer," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 174(C).
- Mora, Luca & Deakin, Mark & Reid, Alasdair, 2019. "Combining co-citation clustering and text-based analysis to reveal the main development paths of smart cities," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 56-69.
- Constance Carr & Markus Hesse, 2020. "When Alphabet Inc. Plans Toronto’s Waterfront: New Post-Political Modes of Urban Governance," Urban Planning, Cogitatio Press, vol. 5(1), pages 69-83.
- Duranton, Gilles & Venables, Anthony J, 2018. "Place-Based Policies for Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 12889, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Muhammad Naveed Iftikhar & Maha Ahmad & David B. Audretsch, 0. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship: the developing country context," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-20.
- Kummitha, Rama Krishna Reddy & Crutzen, Nathalie, 2019. "Smart cities and the citizen-driven internet of things: A qualitative inquiry into an emerging smart city," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 44-53.
- Sabina Baraniewicz-Kotasińska, 2022. "The Scandinavian Third Way as a Proposal for Sustainable Smart City Development—A Case Study of Aarhus City," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(6), pages 1-24, March.
- Rohit Sharma, 2018. "Financing Indian Urban Rail through Land Development: Case Studies and Implications for the Accelerated Reduction in Oil Associated with 1.5 °C," Urban Planning, Cogitatio Press, vol. 3(2), pages 21-34.
- Lill Sarv & Ralf-Martin Soe, 2021. "Transition towards Smart City: The Case of Tallinn," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(8), pages 1-18, April.
- Magdalena Grebosz-Krawczyk, 2021. "Place branding (r)evolution: the management of the smart city’s brand," Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(1), pages 93-104, March.
- Nielsen, Brita Fladvad & Baer, Daniela & Lindkvist, Carmel, 2019. "Identifying and supporting exploratory and exploitative models of innovation in municipal urban planning; key challenges from seven Norwegian energy ambitious neighborhood pilots," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 142-153.
- Margarida Rodrigues & Mário Franco, 2018. "Measuring the Performance in Creative Cities: Proposal of a Multidimensional Model," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(11), pages 1-21, November.
- Witold Chmielarz & Marek Zborowski & Alicja Fandrejewska & Mesut Atasever, 2021. "The Contribution of Socio-Cultural Aspects of Smartphone Applications to Smart City Creation. Poland–Turkey Comparison," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(10), pages 1-23, May.
- Małgorzata Baran & Monika Kłos & Monika Chodorek & Karolina Marchlewska-Patyk, 2022. "The Resilient Smart City Model–Proposal for Polish Cities," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(5), pages 1-23, March.
- Walravens, Nils, 2015. "Qualitative indicators for smart city business models: The case of mobile services and applications," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 218-240.
More about this item
Keywordséconomie urbaine; économie du développement;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-URE-2018-02-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/267226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Benoit Pauwels (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.