On the Returns to Occupational Qualification in Terms of Subjective and Objective Variables: A GEE-type Approach to the Estimation of Two-Equation Panel Models
This article proposes an estimation approach for panel models with mixed continuous and ordered categorical outcomes based on generalized estimating equations for the mean and pseudo-score equations for the covariance parameters. A numerical study suggests that efficiency can be gained as concerns the mean parameter estimators by using individual covariance matrices in the estimating equations for the mean parameters. The approach is applied to estimate the returns to occupational qualification in terms of income and perceived job security in a nine-year period based on the German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP). To compensate for missing data, a combined multiple imputation/weighting approach is adopted.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Mohrenstraße 58, D-10117 Berlin|
Web page: http://www.diw.de/en
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, June.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, June.
- Gueorguieva R. V. & Agresti A., 2001. "A Correlated Probit Model for Joint Modeling of Clustered Binary and Continuous Responses," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1102-1112, September.
- Beth Reboussin & Kung-Yee Liang, 1998. "An estimating equations approach for the LISCOMP model," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 165-182, June.
- D. B. Dunson, 2000. "Bayesian latent variable models for clustered mixed outcomes," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(2), pages 355-366.
- Spiess, Martin & Hamerle, Alfred, 2000. "A comparison of different methods for the estimation of regression models with correlated binary responses," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 439-455, June.
- Bengt Muthén & Albert Satorra, 1995. "Technical aspects of Muthén's liscomp approach to estimation of latent variable relations with a comprehensive measurement model," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 60(4), pages 489-503, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp564. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.