Evidence of Market Power in the Atlantic Steam Coal Market Using Oligopoly Models with a Competitive Fringe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Egging, Ruud & Gabriel, Steven A. & Holz, Franziska & Zhuang, Jifang, 2008.
"A complementarity model for the European natural gas market,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2385-2414, July.
- Ruud Egging & Steven A. Gabriel & Franziska Holz & Jifang Zhuang, 2007. "A Complementarity Model for the European Natural Gas Market," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 732, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Victor DeMiguel & Huifu Xu, 2009. "A Stochastic Multiple-Leader Stackelberg Model: Analysis, Computation, and Application," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 57(5), pages 1220-1235, October.
- Andrew F. Daughety, 1985. "Reconsidering Cournot: The Cournot Equilibrium is Consistent," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 368-379, Autumn.
- Yihsu Chen & Benjamin Hobbs & Sven Leyffer & Todd Munson, 2006. "Leader-Follower Equilibria for Electric Power and NO x Allowances Markets," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 307-330, September.
- Ekawan, Rudianto & Duchene, Michel, 2006. "The evolution of hard coal trade in the Atlantic market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(13), pages 1487-1498, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huppmann, Daniel, 2013.
"Endogenous shifts in OPEC market power - A Stackelberg oligopoly with fringe,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79758, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Daniel Huppmann, 2013. "Endogenous Shifts in OPEC Market Power: A Stackelberg Oligopoly with Fringe," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1313, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Christian Growitsch & Harald Hecking & Timo Panke, 2014.
"Supply Disruptions and Regional Price Effects in a Spatial Oligopoly—An Application to the Global Gas Market,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(5), pages 944-975, November.
- Growitsch, Christian & Hecking, Harald & Panke, Timo, 2013. "Supply disruptions and regional price effects in a spatial oligopoly - an application to the global gas market," EWI Working Papers 2013-8, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Franziska Holz & Clemens Haftendorn & Roman Mendelevitch & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2016. "A Model of the International Steam Coal Market (COALMOD-World)," Data Documentation 85, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsAtlantic coal market; partial equilibrium modeling; market power;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L72 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Other Nonrenewable Resources
- C69 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Other
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-02-20 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2012-02-20 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2012-02-20 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-IND-2012-02-20 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .