Using Personal Car Register for Measuring Economic Inequality in Countries with a Large Share of Shadow Economy: Evidence for Latvia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Boriss Siliverstovs & Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Vyacheslav Dombrovsky, 2014. "Using Personal Car Register for Measuring Economic Inequality in Countries with a Large Share of Shadow Economy: Evidence for Latvia," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(4), pages 948-966, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- McCarthy, Patrick S, 1996. "Market Price and Income Elasticities of New Vehicles Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 543-547, August.
- Friedrich Schneider & Andreas Buehn & Claudio E. Montenegro, 2011.
"Shadow Economies All Over the World: New Estimates for 162 Countries from 1999 to 2007,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on the Shadow Economy, chapter 1
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Schneider, Friedrich & Buehn, Andreas & Montenegro, Claudio E., 2010. "Shadow economies all over the world : new estimates for 162 countries from 1999 to 2007," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5356, The World Bank.
- Friedrich Schneider & Andreas Buehn & Claudio E. Montenegro, 2010. "Shadow Economies All over the World: New Estimates for 162 Countries from 1999 to 2007," Working Papers wp322, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Bordley, Robert F & McDonald, James B, 1993. "Estimating Aggregate Automotive Income Elasticities from the Population Income-Share Elasticity," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(2), pages 209-214, April.
- Kholodilin, Konstantin A. & Siliverstovs, Boriss, 2012.
"Measuring regional inequality by internet car price advertisements: Evidence for Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 414-417.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Boriss Siliverstovs, 2010. "Measuring Regional Inequality by Internet Car Price Advertisements: Evidence for Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1036, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Boriss Siliverstovs & Konstantin Kholodilin, 2012. "Measuring Regional Inequality by Internet Car Price Advertisements: Evidence for Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa12p911, European Regional Science Association.
- Konstantin Kholodilin & Boriss Siliverstovs, 2010. "Measuring Regional Inequality by Internet Car Price Advertisements: Evidence for Germany," KOF Working papers 10-261, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Thorbecke, Erik & Charumilind, Chutatong, 2002. "Economic Inequality and Its Socioeconomic Impact," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1477-1495, September.
- Hess, Alan C, 1977. "A Comparison of Automobile Demand Equations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 683-701, April.
- Schneider, Friedrich G., 2007. "Shadow Economies and Corruption All Over the World: New Estimates for 145 Countries," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 1, pages 1-66.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Braguinsky, Serguey & Mityakov, Sergey, 2015.
"Foreign corporations and the culture of transparency: Evidence from Russian administrative data,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 139-164.
- Serguey Braguinsky & Sergey Mityakov, 2011. "Foreign Corporations and the Culture of Transparency: Evidence from Russian Administrative Data," NBER Chapters,in: Causes and Consequences of Corporate Culture, pages 139-164 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Serguey Braguinsky & Sergey V. Mityakov, 2012. "Foreign Corporations and the Culture of Transparency: Evidence from Russian Administrative Data," NBER Working Papers 17731, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic inequality; cars; social signaling; Gini index; Latvia;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- E26 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Informal Economy; Underground Economy
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .