The Relationship Between Government Size and Economic Growth: Evidence From a Panel Data Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anaman, Kwabena A., 2004. "Determinants of economic growth in Brunei Darussalam," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 777-796, August.
- Bajo-Rubio, Oscar, 2000. "A further generalization of the Solow growth model: the role of the public sector," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-84, July.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guseh, James S., 1997. "Government Size and Economic Growth in Developing Countries: A Political-Economy Framework," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 175-192, January.
- Basil Dalamagas, 2000. "Public sector and economic growth: the Greek experience," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 277-288.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Facchini, François & Melki, Mickaël, 2013.
"Efficient government size: France in the 20th century,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-14.
- François Facchini & Mickaël Melki, 2011. "Optimal Government Size and Economic Growth in France (1871-2008): An explanation by the State and Market Failures," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11077, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Robert Pater & Tomasz Skica, 2014. "The productivity of public and private sector in Poland," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 10(2), pages 120-137, July.
More about this item
Keywordsgovernment size; economic growth; panel data; new European Union members and candidates;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2006-07-21 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2006-07-21 (Development)
- NEP-MAC-2006-07-21 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:deu:dpaper:0506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gonca Konyali). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iideutr.html .