To what extent do rising mortality inequalities by education and marital status attenuate the general mortality decline? The case of Finland in 1971-2030
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nan Li & Ronald Lee, 2005. "Coherent mortality forecasts for a group of populations: An extension of the lee-carter method," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(3), pages 575-594, August.
- Evgeny M. Andreev & Vladimir M. Shkolnikov & Alexander Begun, 2002. "Algorithm for decomposition of differences between aggregate demographic measures and its application to life expectancies, healthy life expectancies, parity-progression ratios and total fertility rat," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 7(14), pages 499-522, October.
- Catherine Ross & John Mirowsky, 1999. "Refining the association between education and health: The effects of quantity, credential, and selectivity," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 36(4), pages 445-460, November.
- Koskinen, Seppo & Martelin, Tuija, 1994. "Why are socioeconomic mortality differences smaller among women than among men?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1385-1396, May.
- Iliana V. Kohler & Pekka Martikainen & Kirsten P. Smith & Irma T. Elo, 2008. "Educational differences in all-cause mortality by marital status," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 19(60), pages 2011-2042, December.
- FFF1Anton E. NNN1Kunst & FFF2Vivian NNN2Bos & FFF2Otto NNN2Andersen & FFF2Mario NNN2Cardano & FFF2Giuseppe NNN2Costa & FFF2Seeromanie NNN2Harding & FFF2Örjan NNN2Hemström & FFF2Richard NNN2Layte & FFF, 2004. "Monitoring of trends in socioeconomic inequalities in mortality," Demographic Research Special Collections, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 2(9), pages 229-254, April.
- Valkonen, Tapani, 1993. "Problems in the measurement and international comparison of socio-economic differences in mortality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 409-418, February.
More about this item
KeywordsFinland; differential mortality; education; marital status;
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2009-07-17 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2009-07-17 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dem:wpaper:wp-2009-018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Wilhelm). General contact details of provider: http://www.demogr.mpg.de/ .