Specification Tests for Nonlinear Dynamic Models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- GonzÃ¡lez-Rivera, Gloria & Senyuz, Zeynep & Yoldas, Emre, 2011. "Autocontours: Dynamic Specification Testing," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 29(1), pages 186-200.
- Robert F. Engle & Jeffrey R. Russell, 1998. "Autoregressive Conditional Duration: A New Model for Irregularly Spaced Transaction Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1127-1162, September.
- Berkowitz, Jeremy, 2001. "Testing Density Forecasts, with Applications to Risk Management," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(4), pages 465-474, October.
- Christoph Rothe & Dominik Wied, 2013.
"Misspecification Testing in a Class of Conditional Distributional Models,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 108(501), pages 314-324, March.
- Rothe, Christoph & Wied, Dominik, 2012. "Misspecification Testing in a Class of Conditional Distributional Models," IZA Discussion Papers 6364, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Corradi, Valentina & Swanson, Norman R., 2006.
"Bootstrap conditional distribution tests in the presence of dynamic misspecification,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 779-806, August.
- Valentina Corradi & Norman R. Swanson, 2003. "Bootstrap Conditional Distribution Tests In the Presence of Dynamic Misspecification," Departmental Working Papers 200311, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Donald W. K. Andrews, 1997. "A Conditional Kolmogorov Test," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1097-1128, September.
- Giacomini, Raffaella & Politis, Dimitris N. & White, Halbert, 2013.
"A Warp-Speed Method For Conducting Monte Carlo Experiments Involving Bootstrap Estimators,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 567-589, June.
- Raffaella Giacomini & Dimitris N. Politis & Halbert White, 2012. "A warp-speed method for conducting Monte Carlo experiments involving bootstrap estimators," CeMMAP working papers CWP11/12, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Yongmiao Hong, 2005. "Nonparametric Specification Testing for Continuous-Time Models with Applications to Term Structure of Interest Rates," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 37-84.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bai, Jushan & Chen, Zhihong, 2008. "Testing multivariate distributions in GARCH models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 19-36, March.
- Miguel A. Delgado, 1996. "Testing Serial Independence Using The Sample Distribution Function," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 271-285, May.
- Leena Kalliovirta, 2012. "Misspecification tests based on quantile residuals," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 15(2), pages 358-393, June.
- Diebold, Francis X & Gunther, Todd A & Tay, Anthony S, 1998. "Evaluating Density Forecasts with Applications to Financial Risk Management," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 863-883, November.
- Patton, Andrew, 2013. "Copula Methods for Forecasting Multivariate Time Series," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, in: G. Elliott & C. Granger & A. Timmermann (ed.),Handbook of Economic Forecasting, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 899-960, Elsevier.
- Jushan Bai, 2003. "Testing Parametric Conditional Distributions of Dynamic Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(3), pages 531-549, August.
- Francis X. Diebold & Jinyong Hahn & Anthony S. Tay, 1999. "Multivariate Density Forecast Evaluation And Calibration In Financial Risk Management: High-Frequency Returns On Foreign Exchange," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 661-673, November.
- Bierens, Herman J., 1984. "Model specification testing of time series regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 323-353, December.
- J. Carlos Escanciano & Jose Olmo, 2011. "Robust Backtesting Tests for Value-at-risk Models," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 9(1), pages 132-161, Winter.
- Andrew J. Patton, 2006. "Modelling Asymmetric Exchange Rate Dependence," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(2), pages 527-556, May.
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Stute, Winfried, 2008. "Distribution-free specification tests of conditional models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 37-55, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kheifets, Igor & Velasco, Carlos, 2017.
"New goodness-of-fit diagnostics for conditional discrete response models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 200(1), pages 135-149.
- Igor Kheifets & Carlos Velasco, 2013. "New Goodness-of-fit Diagnostics for Conditional Discrete Response Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1924, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Igor Kheifets & Carlos Velasco, 2017. "New Goodness-of-fit Diagnostics for Conditional Discrete Response Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1924R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Igor Kheifets, 2011. "Goodness-of-fit testing (in Russian)," Quantile, Quantile, issue 9, pages 25-34, July.
- Carlos Velasco, 2013. "Comments on: Model-free model-fitting and predictive distributions," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 22(2), pages 237-239, June.
- Kheifets, Igor L., 2018. "Multivariate specification tests based on a dynamic Rosenblatt transform," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 1-14.
More about this item
KeywordsConditional distribution; Time series; Goodness-of-fit; Empirical process; Weak convergence; Parameter uncertainty; Probability integral transform;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ECM-2014-03-15 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2014-03-15 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-ORE-2014-03-15 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:1937. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Regan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cowleus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.