Income Inequality, School Choice and the Endogenous Gentrification of US Cities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Davide, DOTTORI & I-Ling, SHEN, 2008.
"Low-Skilled Immigration and th Expansion of Private Schools,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques)
2008023, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Davide Dottori & I-Ling Shen, 2009. "Low skilled immigration and the expansion of private schools," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 726, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Dottori, Davide & Shen, I-Ling, 2009. "Low-Skilled Immigration and the Expansion of Private Schools," IZA Discussion Papers 3946, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nechyba, Thomas J, 1999. " School Finance Induced Migration and Stratification Patterns: The Impact of Private School Vouchers," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 1(1), pages 5-50.
- Calin Arcalean & Ioana Schiopu, 2010. "Inequality and Education Funding Theory and Evidence from the U.S. School Districts," Caepr Working Papers 2010-009 Classification-, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E., 1996. "Ends against the middle: Determining public service provision when there are private alternatives," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 297-325, November.
- Sean Corcoran & William N. Evans, 2010. "Income Inequality, the Median Voter, and the Support for Public Education," NBER Working Papers 16097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerhard Glomm & B. Ravikumar, 1998. "Opting out of publicly provided services: A majority voting result," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 15(2), pages 187-199.
- Nico A. Hansen & Anke S. Kessler, 2001. "The Political Geography of Tax H(e)avens and Tax Hells," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1103-1115, September.
- Martinez-Mora, Francisco, 2006. "The existence of non-elite private schools," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1505-1518, September.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1998. "Competition between Private and Public Schools, Vouchers, and Peer-Group Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 33-62, March.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Kahn, Matthew E. & Rappaport, Jordan, 2008.
"Why do the poor live in cities The role of public transportation,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Rappaport, Jordan & Kahn, Matthew E. & Glaeser, Edward, 2008. "Why Do The Poor Live In Cities? The Role of Public Transportation," Scholarly Articles 2958224, Harvard University Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsGentrification; Housing; Inequality; Segregation; Stratification;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- I24 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Inequality
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ctl:louvir:2012006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne DAVISTER-LOGIST). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iruclbe.html .