Selecting and combining experts from survey forecasts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacob A. Mincer & Victor Zarnowitz, 1969. "The Evaluation of Economic Forecasts," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Forecasts and Expectations: Analysis of Forecasting Behavior and Performance, pages 3-46 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poncela, Pilar & Rodríguez, Julio & Sánchez-Mangas, Rocío & Senra, Eva, 2011.
"Forecast combination through dimension reduction techniques,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 224-237, April.
- Poncela, Pilar & Rodríguez, Julio & Sánchez-Mangas, Rocío & Senra, Eva, 2011. "Forecast combination through dimension reduction techniques," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 224-237.
- Groen, Jan J.J. & Kapetanios, George, 2016.
"Revisiting useful approaches to data-rich macroeconomic forecasting,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 221-239.
- Jan J.J. Groen & George Kapetanios, 2008. "Revisiting Useful Approaches to Data-Rich Macroeconomic Forecasting," Working Papers 624, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Groen, Jan J. J. & Kapetanios, George, 2008. "Revisiting useful approaches to data-rich macroeconomic forecasting," Staff Reports 327, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Oct 2015.
- Clemen, Robert T., 1989. "Combining forecasts: A review and annotated bibliography," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 559-583.
- Hyonho Chun & Sündüz Keleş, 2010. "Sparse partial least squares regression for simultaneous dimension reduction and variable selection," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 72(1), pages 3-25.
- Conflitti, Cristina & De Mol, Christine & Giannone, Domenico, 2015.
"Optimal combination of survey forecasts,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1096-1103.
- Cristina Conflitti & Christine De Mol & Domenico Giannone, 2012. "Optimal Combination of Survey Forecasts," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2012-023, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Conflitti, Cristina & De Mol, Christine & Giannone, Domenico, 2012. "Optimal Combination of Survey Forecasts," CEPR Discussion Papers 9096, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timmermann, Allan, 2006. "Forecast Combinations," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Elsevier.
- Julieta Fuentes & Pilar Poncela & Julio Rodríguez, 2015.
"Sparse Partial Least Squares in Time Series for Macroeconomic Forecasting,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(4), pages 576-595, June.
- Fuentes, Julieta & Poncela, Pilar & Rodríguez, Julio, 2012. "Sparse partial least squares in time series for macroeconomic forecasting," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws122216, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Genre, Véronique & Kenny, Geoff & Meyler, Aidan & Timmermann, Allan, 2013. "Combining expert forecasts: Can anything beat the simple average?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 108-121.
- Mark W. Watson & James H. Stock, 2004. "Combination forecasts of output growth in a seven-country data set," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 405-430.
- Jon D. Samuels & Rodrigo Sekkel, 2013. "Forecasting with Many Models: Model Confidence Sets and Forecast Combination," Staff Working Papers 13-11, Bank of Canada.
- Kelly, Bryan & Pruitt, Seth, 2015. "The three-pass regression filter: A new approach to forecasting using many predictors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 186(2), pages 294-316.
- Massimiliano Marcellino, 2004. "Forecast Pooling for European Macroeconomic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(1), pages 91-112, February.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wsrepe:ws140905. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda). General contact details of provider: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_estadistica .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.