Rating Trajectories and Credit Risk Migration: Evidence for SMEs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nickell, Pamela & Perraudin, William & Varotto, Simone, 2000. "Stability of rating transitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 203-227, January.
- José E. Gómez-González & Nicholas M. Kiefer., 2009.
"Evidence of Non-Markovian Behavior in the Process of Bank Rating Migrations,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 46(133), pages 33-50.
- José E.Gómez González & Nicholas M. Kiefer, 2007. "Evidence of non-Markovian behavior in the process of bank rating migrations," Borradores de Economia 448, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- José E. Gómez González & Nicholas M. Kiefer, 2007. "Evidence of non-Markovian behavior in the process of bank rating migrations," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 004016, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- José E. Gómez-Gonzalez & Nicholas M. Kiefer, 2007. "Evidence of non-Markovian behavior in the process of bank rating migrations," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003961, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Robert B. Israel & Jeffrey S. Rosenthal & Jason Z. Wei, 2001. "Finding Generators for Markov Chains via Empirical Transition Matrices, with Applications to Credit Ratings," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 245-265, April.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1978. "The Measurement of Mobility," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1013-1024, September.
- Frydman, Halina & Schuermann, Til, 2008. "Credit rating dynamics and Markov mixture models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1062-1075, June.
- Fougere, D. & Kamionka, T., 1992.
"Bayesian Inference for the Mover-Stayer Model in Continuous-Time,"
92.285, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Fougere, D. & Kamionka, T., 1998. "Bayesian Inference for the Mover-Stayer Model of Continuous Time," Papers 98.b, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Altman, Edward I., 1998. "The importance and subtlety of credit rating migration," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1231-1247, October.
- C. Ferretti & P. Ganugi, 2013. "A new mobility index for transition matrices," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 22(3), pages 403-425, August.
- Lando, David & Skodeberg, Torben M., 2002. "Analyzing rating transitions and rating drift with continuous observations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 423-444, March.
- Giampaolo Gabbi & Pietro Vozzella, 2013. "Asset correlations and bank capital adequacy," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 55-74, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Camilla Ferretti & Giampaolo Gabbi & Piero Ganugi & Federica Sist & Pietro Vozzella, 2019. "Credit Risk Migration and Economic Cycles," Risks, MDPI, vol. 7(4), pages 1-18, October.
- Fuertes, Ana-Maria & Kalotychou, Elena, 2007.
"On sovereign credit migration: A study of alternative estimators and rating dynamics,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 3448-3469, April.
- Elena Kalotychou & Ana-Maria Fuertes, 2006. "On Sovereign Credit Migration: A Study of Alternative Estimators and Rating Dynamics," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 509, Society for Computational Economics.
- Jafry, Yusuf & Schuermann, Til, 2004. "Measurement, estimation and comparison of credit migration matrices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2603-2639, November.
- Til Schuermann & Yusuf Jafry, 2003. "Measurement and Estimation of Credit Migration Matrices," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-08, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Figlewski, Stephen & Frydman, Halina & Liang, Weijian, 2012. "Modeling the effect of macroeconomic factors on corporate default and credit rating transitions," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 87-105.
- Myriam Ben Ayed & Adel Karaa & Jean‐Luc Prigent, 2018.
"Duration Models For Credit Rating Migration: Evidence From The Financial Crisis,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 56(3), pages 1870-1886, July.
- Myriam Ben Ayed & Adel Karaa & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2018. "Duration Models For Credit Rating Migration: Evidence From The Financial Crisis," Post-Print hal-03679407, HAL.
- Wozabal, David & Hochreiter, Ronald, 2012.
"A coupled Markov chain approach to credit risk modeling,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 403-415.
- David Wozabal & Ronald Hochreiter, 2009. "A Coupled Markov Chain Approach to Credit Risk Modeling," Papers 0911.3802, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2014.
- Johannes Hörner & Nicolas S Lambert, 2021.
"Motivational Ratings [Toward the Next Generation of Recommender Systems: A Survey of the State-of-the-Art and Possible Extensions],"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(4), pages 1892-1935.
- Johannes Horner & Nicolas Lambert, 2016. "Motivational Ratings," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2035, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Johannes Hörner & Nicolas Lambert, 2021. "Motivational Ratings," Post-Print hal-03759599, HAL.
- Hörner, Johannes & Lambert, Nicolas, 2020. "Motivational Ratings," TSE Working Papers 20-1134, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Johannes Hörner & Nicolas Lambert, 2021. "Motivational Ratings," Working Papers hal-03187510, HAL.
- Xing, Haipeng & Sun, Ning & Chen, Ying, 2012. "Credit rating dynamics in the presence of unknown structural breaks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 78-89.
- Biase di Giuseppe & Guglielmo D'Amico & Jacques Janssen & Raimondo Manca, 2014. "A Duration Dependent Rating Migration Model: Real Data Application and Cost of Capital Estimation," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 64(3), pages 233-245, June.
- Guglielmo D’Amico & Jacques Janssen & Raimondo Manca, 2006. "Homogeneous semi-Markov reliability models for credit risk management," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 28(2), pages 79-93, February.
- Tsaig, Yaakov & Levy, Amnon & Wang, Yashan, 2011. "Analyzing the impact of credit migration in a portfolio setting," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3145-3157.
- Kadam, Ashay & Lenk, Peter, 2008. "Bayesian inference for issuer heterogeneity in credit ratings migration," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2267-2274, October.
- Sumon Bhaumik & John S. Landon-Lane, 2007. "Directional Mobility of Ratings," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp900, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Trueck, Stefan & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 2008. "Rating Based Modeling of Credit Risk," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780123736833.
- Areski Cousin & Mohamed Reda Kheliouen, 2016. "A comparative study on the estimation of factor migration models," Working Papers halshs-01351926, HAL.
- Areski Cousin & J'er^ome Lelong & Tom Picard, 2021. "Rating transitions forecasting: a filtering approach," Papers 2109.10567, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2022.
- Mizen, Paul & Tsoukas, Serafeim, 2012.
"Forecasting US bond default ratings allowing for previous and initial state dependence in an ordered probit model,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 273-287.
- Mizen, Paul & Tsoukas, Serafeim, 2011. "Forecasting US bond default ratings allowing for previous and initial state dependence in an ordered probit model," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-69, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Paul Mizen & Serafeim Tsoukas, 2011. "Forecasting US bond default ratings allowing for previous and initial state dependence in an ordered probit model," Working Papers 2011_19, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Valerio Vacca, 2017. "An Unexpected Crisis? Looking at Pricing Effectiveness of Heterogeneous Banks," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 46(2), pages 171-206, July.
- Marius Pfeuffer & Goncalo dos Reis & Greig smith, 2018. "Capturing Model Risk and Rating Momentum in the Estimation of Probabilities of Default and Credit Rating Migrations," Papers 1809.09889, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2020.
More about this item
Keywordscredit risk; Markov chains; absorbing state; rating migration;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ctc:serie2:dises1615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dscatit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Francesco Timpano (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dscatit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.