A Asymptotic Total Variation Test for Copulas
We propose a new goodness-of-fit test for copulas, based on empirical copula processes and nonparametric bootstrap counterparts. The standard Kolmogorov-Smirnov type test for copulas that takes the supremum of the empirical copula process indexed by orthants is extended by test statistics based on the supremum of the empirical copula process indexed by families of Ln disjoint boxes, with Ln slowly tending to infinity. Although the underlying empirical process does not converge, the critical values of our new test statistic can be consistently estimated by nonparametric bootstrap techniques, under simple or composite null assumptions. Simulations confirm that the power of the new procedure is oftentimes higher than the power of the standard Kolmogorov-Smirnov or the Cramer-von Mises tests for copulas
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bâtiment ENSAE, 5 rue Henry LE Chatelier, 91120 Palaiseau|
Phone: 01 41 17 60 81
Web page: http://crest.science
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Genest, Christian & Rémillard, Bruno & Beaudoin, David, 2009. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas: A review and a power study," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 199-213, April.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fermanian, Jean-David & Wegkamp, Marten H., 2012. "Time-dependent copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 19-29.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Bücher, Axel & Dette, Holger, 2010. "A note on bootstrap approximations for the empirical copula process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(23-24), pages 1925-1932, December.
- Daniel Berg, 2009. "Copula goodness-of-fit testing: an overview and power comparison," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(7-8), pages 675-701.
- Rémillard, Bruno & Scaillet, Olivier, 2009.
"Testing for equality between two copulas,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 377-386, March.
- Bruno Rémillard & Olivier Scaillet, 2006. "Testing For Equality Between Two Copulas," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 07-24, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Fermanian, Jean-David, 2005. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 119-152, July.
- Liebscher, Eckhard, 2008. "Construction of asymmetric multivariate copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(10), pages 2234-2250, November.
- Hvattum, Lars Magnus & Glover, Fred, 2009. "Finding local optima of high-dimensional functions using direct search methods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(1), pages 31-45, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:2013-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sri Srikandan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.