Why Are Companies Freezing Their Pensions?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barbara A. Butrica & Howard M. Iams & Karen E. Smith & Eric J. Toder, 2009. "The Disappearing Defined Benefit Pension and its Potential Impact on the Retirement Incomes of Boomers," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2009-2, Center for Retirement Research.
- Rauh, Joshua D. & Stefanescu, Irina & Zeldes, Stephen P., 2020. "Cost saving and the freezing of corporate pension plans," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 188(C).
- Kandice Kapinos, 2012. "Changes in Firm Pension Policy: Trends Away from Traditional Defined Benefit Plans," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 91-103, March.
- Bock, Sebastian & Forsyth, Peter & Niemeier, Hans-Martin & Mantin, Benny, 2019. "Chapter 11 and the level playing field: Should chapter 11 be considered as a subsidy?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 39-46.
- James Poterba & Joshua Rauh & Steven Venti & David Wise, 2007.
"Defined Contribution Plans, Defined Benefit Plans, and the Accumulation of Retirement Wealth,"
NBER Chapters, in: Public Policy and Retirement, Trans-Atlantic Public Economics Seminar (TAPES), pages 2062-2086,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poterba, James & Rauh, Joshua & Venti, Steven & Wise, David, 2007. "Defined contribution plans, defined benefit plans, and the accumulation of retirement wealth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(10), pages 2062-2086, November.
- James Poterba & Joshua Rauh & Steven Venti & David Wise, 2006. "Defined Contribution Plans, Defined Benefit Plans, and the Accumulation of Retirement Wealth," NBER Working Papers 12597, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vafeas, Nikos & Vlittis, Adamos, 2018. "Independent directors and defined benefit pension plan freezes," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 505-518.
- Michael Kisser & John Kiff & Mauricio Soto, 2017. "Do Managers of U.S. Defined Benefit Pension Plan Sponsors Use Regulatory Freedom Strategically?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(5), pages 1213-1255, December.
- Cathy Beaudoin & Nandini Chandar & Edward M. Werner, 2010. "Are potential effects of SFAS 158 associated with firms' decisions to freeze their defined benefit pension plans?," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(4), pages 424-451, November.
- Charles Ellis & Alicia Munnell & Andrew Eschtruth, 2016. "Falling Short: The Roots of the Coming U.S. Retirement Crisis," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 59(2), pages 126-147, March.
- Mitchell, O.S. & Piggott, J., 2016. "Workplace-Linked Pensions for an Aging Demographic," Handbook of the Economics of Population Aging, in: Piggott, John & Woodland, Alan (ed.),Handbook of the Economics of Population Aging, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 865-904, Elsevier.
- Alicia H. Munnell & Jean-Pierre Aubry & Dan Muldoon, 2008. "The Financial Crisis and Private Defined Benefit Plans," Issues in Brief ib2008-8-18, Center for Retirement Research, revised Nov 2008.
- Ashby H. B. Monk, 2009. "Pension Buyouts: What Can We Learn From The UK Experience?," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2009-19, Center for Retirement Research, revised Sep 2009.
- Ashby H.B. Monk, 2009. "Pension Buyouts: What Can We Learn From the UK Experience?," Issues in Brief ib2009-9-21, Center for Retirement Research, revised Oct 2009.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crr:crrwps:wp2007-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Grzybowski) or (Christopher F Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crrbcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.