Tax Arbitrage with Risk and Effort Aversion -- Swedish Lottery Bonds 1970-1990
Swedish lottery bonds are valuable tax shelters before the tax reform of 1991. By trading around the coupon lottery, high-tax investors with capital gains from the stock market shift their tax liability to low-tax investors. The uncertainty of the coupon lottery and the effort of verifying the winning lottery bond numbers are a nuisance to tax traders. We investigate how the Treasury (issuer), market makers (banks), and lottery bond investors respond to those frictions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.|
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Feenberg & Jonathan Skinner, 1989.
"Sources of IRA Saving,"
in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 3, pages 25-46
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Feenberg & Jonathan Skinner, 1989. "Sources of IRA Saving," NBER Working Papers 2845, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Florentsen, Bjarne & Rydqvist, Kristian, 2002. "Ex-Day Behavior When Investors and Professional Traders Assume Reverse Roles: The Case of Danish Lottery Bonds," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 152-175, April.
- Cornelius M. Schilbred, 1973. "The Market Price of Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 283-292.
- Green, Richard C. & Rydqvist, Kristian, 1999. "Ex-day behavior with dividend preference and limitations to short-term arbitrage: the case of Swedish lottery bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 145-187, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:7767. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.