Religion and Entrepreneurship
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- McCleary, Rachel & Barro, Robert, 2003. "Religion and Economic Growth across Countries," Scholarly Articles 3708464, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Blanchflower, David G., 2000. "Self-employment in OECD countries," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 471-505, September.
- Minns, Chris & Rizov, Marian, 2005. "The spirit of capitalism? Ethnicity, religion, and self-employment in early 20th century Canada," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 259-281, April.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Howard J. Wall & Yannis Georgellis, 2000.
"What makes a region entrepreneurial? Evidence from Britain,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 34(3), pages 385-403.
- Howard J. Wall & Yannis Georgellis, 1999. "What makes a region entrepreneurial? evidence from Britain," Working Papers 1999-009, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2006.
"Does Culture Affect Economic Outcomes?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 23-48, Spring.
- Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales & Luigi Guiso, 2006. "Does Culture Affect Economic Outcomes?," NBER Working Papers 11999, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2006. "Does Culture Affect Economic Outcomes?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5505, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2005. "Entrepreneurship," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(4), pages 649-680, October.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1979. "A General Equilibrium Entrepreneurial Theory of Firm Formation Based on Risk Aversion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 719-748, August.
- Bates, Timothy, 1990. "Entrepreneur Human Capital Inputs and Small Business Longevity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 551-559, November.
- Holmes, Thomas J & Schmitz, James A, Jr, 1990.
"A Theory of Entrepreneurship and Its Application to the Study of Business Transfers,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 265-294, April.
- Holmes, T.J. & Schmitz, J.A., 1988. "A Theory Of Enterpreneurship And Its Application To The Study Of Business Transfers," Working papers 8827, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Chihwa Kao, 2003. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth: The Proof Is in the Productivity," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 50, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Blau, David M, 1987. "A Time-Series Analysis of Self-employment in the United State," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 445-467, June.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 1978. "On the Size Distribution of Business Firms," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 508-523, Autumn.
- Clark, Kenneth & Drinkwater, Stephen, 1998. "Ethnicity and Self-Employment in Britain," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(3), pages 383-407, August.
- Parker,Simon C., 2006.
"The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521030632, March.
- Parker,Simon C., 2004. "The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521828130, March.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2006. "Traditional Institutions Meet the Modern World: Caste, Gender, and Schooling Choice in a Globalizing Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1225-1252, September.
- Rees, Hedley & Shah, Anup, 1986. "An Empirical Analysis of Self-employment in the U.K," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 95-108, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad, Nabeel & Léo-Paul, Dana, 2015. "Collective Efficacy of a Regional Network: Extending the Social Embeddedness Perspective of Entrepreneurship," MPRA Paper 70120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:jglont:v:7:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40497-017-0070-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anja Koebrich Leon, 2013. "Religion and Economic Outcomes – Household Savings Behavior in the USA," Working Paper Series in Economics 268, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Filipe R. Campante & David H. Yanagizawa-Drott, 2013.
"Does Religion Affect Economic Growth and Happiness? Evidence from Ramadan,"
NBER Working Papers
19768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campante, Filipe & Yanagizawa-Drott, David, 2013. "Does Religion Affect Economic Growth and Happiness? Evidence from Ramadan," Working Paper Series rwp13-052, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Filipe Campante & David Yanagizawa-Drott, 2013. "Does Religion Affect Economic Growth and Happiness? Evidence from Ramadan," CID Working Papers 274, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Baele, L. & Farooq, M. & Ongena, S., 2012. "Of Religion and Redemption : Evidence from Default on Islamic Loans (Replaces CentER DP 2010-136)," Discussion Paper 2012-014, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Maryam Dilmaghani, 2012. "Global financial crisis: dharmic transgressions and solutions," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(1), pages 55-80, January.
- di Mauro, Filippo & Caristi, Pierluigi & Couderc, Stéphane & di Maria, Angela & Ho, Lauren & Grewal, Beljeet Kaur & Masciantonio, Sergio & Ongena, Steven & Zaher, Sajjad, 2013. "Islamic finance in Europe," Occasional Paper Series 146, European Central Bank.
- Baele, Lieven & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, Steven, 2014.
"Of religion and redemption: Evidence from default on Islamic loans,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 141-159.
- Baele, Lieven & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, Steven, 2011. "Of Religion and Redemption: Evidence from Default on Islamic Loans," CEPR Discussion Papers 8504, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baele, L.T.M. & Farooq, Moazzam & Ongena, S.R.G., 2014. "Of religion and redemption : Evidence from default on Islamic loans," Other publications TiSEM b5dfdcea-ddd7-425f-8618-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Nunziata, Luca & Rocco, Lorenzo, 2011. "The Implications of Cultural Background on Labour Market Choices: The Case of Religion and Entrepreneurship," IZA Discussion Papers 6114, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Henley, Andrew, 2014. "Is Religion Associated with Entrepreneurial Activity?," IZA Discussion Papers 8111, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stefan Buehler & Christian Kaiser & Franz Jaeger, 2012. "The geographic determinants of bankruptcy: evidence from Switzerland," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 231-251, July.
- Yaron Zelekha & Gil Avnimelech & Eyal Sharabi, 2014. "Religious institutions and entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 747-767, April.
- De Vita, Luisa & Mari, Michela & Poggesi, Sara, 2014. "Women entrepreneurs in and from developing countries: Evidences from the literature," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 451-460.
- Faria, João Ricardo & Cuestas, Juan Carlos & Mourelle, Estefanía, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship and unemployment: A nonlinear bidirectional causality?,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1282-1291, September.
- Joao Ricardo Faria & Juan Carlos Cuestas & Estefania Mourelle, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and unemployment: a nonlinear bidirectional causality," Working Papers 2008/6, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
- Klapper, Leora & Love, Inessa & Randall, Douglas, 2014. "New firm registration and the business cycle," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6775, The World Bank.
- Rietveld, C.A. & van Burg, E., 2013. "Religious beliefs and entrepreneurship among Dutch protestants," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2013-015-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Tamvada, Jagannadha Pawan, 2010. "The Dynamics of Self-employment in a Developing Country: Evidence from India," MPRA Paper 20042, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A Aggarwal & R Freguglia & G Johnes & G Spricigo, 2011. "Education and labour market outcomes : evidence from India," Working Papers 615663, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Daniel Badulescu, 2014. "The Entrepreneurial Way: Calling, Chance Or Opportunity. An Essay," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 243-251, July.
- repec:wsi:jdexxx:v:16:y:2011:i:04:n:s1084946711001963 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ndamsa Dickson Thomas & Baye Mendjo Francis & Epo Boniface Ngah, 2013. "Responsiveness of Private Sector Household Income to Employment Vulnerability in Cameroon," EuroEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 1(32), pages 153-177, May.
More about this item
Keywordscaste-system; entrepreneurship; India; religion;
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-07-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-07-13 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENT-2007-07-13 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HRM-2007-07-13 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-SOC-2007-07-13 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:6378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.