Bottom-Up Corporate Governance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Augustin Landier & Julien Sauvagnat & David Sraer & David Thesmar, 2012. "Bottom-Up Corporate Governance," Post-Print hal-01026127, HAL.
- Augustin Landier & David Sraer & David Thesmar, 2005. "Bottom-Up Corporate Governance," Working Papers 2005-30, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Augustin Landier & David Sraer & David Thesmar, 2005. "Bottom-Up Corporate Governance," Working Papers hal-00584699, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric Van den Steen, 2005. "Organizational Beliefs and Managerial Vision," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 256-283, April.
- Rachel M. Hayes & Paul Oyer & Scott Schaefer, 2006.
"Coworker Complementarity and the Stability of Top-Management Teams,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 184-212, April.
- Rachel M. Hayes & Paul Oyer & Scott Schaefer, 2004. "Co-Worker Complemetarity and the Stability of Top Management Teams," NBER Working Papers 10350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hayes, Rachel M. & Oyer, Paul & Schaefer, Scott, 2005. "Co-worker Complementarity and the Stability of Top Management Teams," Research Papers 1846r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Bebchuk, Lucian A. & Cohen, Alma, 2005.
"The costs of entrenched boards,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 409-433, November.
- Lucian Bebchuk, "undated". "The Costs of Entrenched Boards," American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings 1091, American Law & Economics Association.
- Lucian Bebchuk & Alma Cohen, 2004. "The Costs of Entrenched Boards," NBER Working Papers 10587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplan, Steven N. & Minton, Bernadette A., 1994. "Appointments of outsiders to Japanese boards: Determinants and implications for managers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 225-258, October.
- Vafeas, Nikos, 1999. "Board meeting frequency and firm performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 113-142, July.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2003.
"Boards of directors as an endogenously determined institution: a survey of the economic literature,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 9(Apr), pages 7-26.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2001. "Boards of Directors as an Endogenously Determined Institution: A Survey of the Economic Literature," NBER Working Papers 8161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Renée B. Adams & Heitor Almeida & Daniel Ferreira, 2005. "Powerful CEOs and Their Impact on Corporate Performance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1403-1432.
- Weisbach, Michael S., 1988. "Outside directors and CEO turnover," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 431-460, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sheikh, Shahbaz, 2018. "The impact of market competition on the relation between CEO power and firm innovation," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 36-50.
- Francesco Lippi & Fabiano Schivardi, 2014.
"Corporate control and executive selection,"
Econometric Society, vol. 5, pages 417-456, July.
- Lippi, Francesco & Schivardi, Fabiano, 2010. "Corporate Control and Executive Selection," CEPR Discussion Papers 8031, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Lippi & Fabiano Schivardi, 2010. "Corporate Control and Executive Selection," EIEF Working Papers Series 1014, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Jul 2010.
- F. Lippi & F. Schivardi, 2010. "Corporate Control and Executive Selection," Working Paper CRENoS 201021, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Nooraisah Katmon & Omar Al Farooque, 2017. "Exploring the Impact of Internal Corporate Governance on the Relation Between Disclosure Quality and Earnings Management in the UK Listed Companies," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 142(2), pages 345-367, May.
- Ying Dou & Sidharth Sahgal & Emma Jincheng Zhang, 2015. "Should Independent Directors Have Term Limits? The Role of Experience in Corporate Governance," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 44(3), pages 583-621, September.
- Troy D. Smith, 2015. "Private Equity Investment in India: Efficiency vs Expansion," Discussion Papers 15-011, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Jain, Pawan & Jiang, Christine & Mekhaimer, Mohamed, 2016. "Executives' horizon, internal governance and stock market liquidity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1-23.
- Ahn, Seoungpil & Walker, Mark D., 2007. "Corporate governance and the spinoff decision," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 76-93, March.
- D. G. DeBoskey & Yan Luo & Linying Zhou, 2019. "CEO power, board oversight, and earnings announcement tone," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 657-680, February.
- Rizzo, Emanuele, 2018. "Essays on corporate governance and the impact of regulation on financial markets," Other publications TiSEM b5158260-ea13-4763-b992-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Cioban (Lucan) Alexandra Narcisa, 2016. "The Influence Of The Corporate Governance Mechanisms And Audit Fees On The Financial Performance Measured With Roa," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 5, pages 20-31, October.
- Gunasekarage, Abeyratna & Luong, Hoa & Truong, Thanh Tan, 2020. "Growth and market share matrix, CEO power, and firm performance," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 59(C).
- Peter Hahn & Meziane Lasfer, 2011. "The compensation of non-executive directors: rationale, form, and findings," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 15(4), pages 589-601, November.
- Tanja Artiga González & Markus Schmid & David Yermack, 2013. "Smokescreen: How Managers Behave When They Have Something To Hide," NBER Working Papers 18886, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sheikh, Shahbaz, 2018. "CEO power, product market competition and firm value," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 373-386.
More about this item
Keywordsacquisition; corporate governance; corporate performance; executives;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2006-02-19 (Business Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:5500. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.