Bottom-Up Corporate Governance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Augustin Landier & David Sraer & David Thesmar, 2005. "Bottom-Up Corporate Governance," Working Papers 2005-30, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Augustin Landier & Julien Sauvagnat & David Sraer & David Thesmar, 2012. "Bottom-Up Corporate Governance," Post-Print hal-01026127, HAL.
- Augustin Landier & David Sraer & David Thesmar, 2005. "Bottom-Up Corporate Governance," Working Papers hal-00584699, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric Van den Steen, 2005. "Organizational Beliefs and Managerial Vision," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 256-283, April.
- Rachel M. Hayes & Paul Oyer & Scott Schaefer, 2006.
"Coworker Complementarity and the Stability of Top-Management Teams,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 184-212, April.
- Rachel M. Hayes & Paul Oyer & Scott Schaefer, 2004. "Co-Worker Complemetarity and the Stability of Top Management Teams," NBER Working Papers 10350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hayes, Rachel M. & Oyer, Paul & Schaefer, Scott, 2005. "Co-worker Complementarity and the Stability of Top Management Teams," Research Papers 1846r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Bebchuk, Lucian A. & Cohen, Alma, 2005.
"The costs of entrenched boards,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 409-433, November.
- Lucian Bebchuk, "undated". "The Costs of Entrenched Boards," American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings 1091, American Law & Economics Association.
- Lucian Bebchuk & Alma Cohen, 2004. "The Costs of Entrenched Boards," NBER Working Papers 10587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplan, Steven N. & Minton, Bernadette A., 1994. "Appointments of outsiders to Japanese boards: Determinants and implications for managers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 225-258, October.
- Vafeas, Nikos, 1999. "Board meeting frequency and firm performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 113-142, July.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2003.
"Boards of directors as an endogenously determined institution: a survey of the economic literature,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 7-26.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2001. "Boards of Directors as an Endogenously Determined Institution: A Survey of the Economic Literature," NBER Working Papers 8161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Renée B. Adams & Heitor Almeida & Daniel Ferreira, 2005. "Powerful CEOs and Their Impact on Corporate Performance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1403-1432.
- Weisbach, Michael S., 1988. "Outside directors and CEO turnover," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 431-460, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Lippi & Fabiano Schivardi, 2014.
"Corporate control and executive selection,"
Econometric Society, vol. 5, pages 417-456, July.
- F. Lippi & F. Schivardi, 2010. "Corporate Control and Executive Selection," Working Paper CRENoS 201021, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Francesco Lippi & Fabiano Schivardi, 2010. "Corporate Control and Executive Selection," EIEF Working Papers Series 1014, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Jul 2010.
- Lippi, Francesco & Schivardi, Fabiano, 2010. "Corporate Control and Executive Selection," CEPR Discussion Papers 8031, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:142:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2752-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Troy D. Smith, 2015. "Private Equity Investment in India: Efficiency vs Expansion," Discussion Papers 15-011, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Jain, Pawan & Jiang, Christine & Mekhaimer, Mohamed, 2016. "Executives' horizon, internal governance and stock market liquidity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1-23.
- Ahn, Seoungpil & Walker, Mark D., 2007. "Corporate governance and the spinoff decision," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 76-93, March.
- Cioban (Lucan) Alexandra Narcisa, 2016. "The Influence Of The Corporate Governance Mechanisms And Audit Fees On The Financial Performance Measured With Roa," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 5, pages 20-31, October.
- Peter Hahn & Meziane Lasfer, 2011. "The compensation of non-executive directors: rationale, form, and findings," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 15(4), pages 589-601, November.
- Tanja Artiga González & Markus Schmid & David Yermack, 2013. "Smokescreen: How Managers Behave When They Have Something To Hide," NBER Working Papers 18886, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsacquisition; corporate governance; corporate performance; executives;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2006-02-19 (Business Economics)
- NEP-FIN-2006-02-19 (Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:5500. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.