Compatibility Decisions, Endogenous Installed Home Bases and the Third-Market Competition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Church, Jeffrey & Gandal, Neil, 1992. "Network Effects, Software Provision, and Standardization," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 85-103, March.
- Farrell, Joseph & Saloner, Garth, 1992.
"Converters, Compatibility, and the Control of Interfaces,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 9-35, March.
- Farrell, Joseph, 1989. "Converters, Compatibility, and the Control of Interfaces," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8161p50b, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell and Garth Saloner., 1989. "Converters, Compatibility, and the Control of Interfaces," Economics Working Papers 89-130, University of California at Berkeley.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Yang, Yi-Nung, 2001.
"Rational incompatibility with international product standards,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 171-191, June.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Yang, Yi-Nung, 1998. "Rational Incompatibility With International Product Standards," Economics Research Institute, ERI Study Papers 28342, Utah State University, Economics Department.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Yang, Yi-Nung, 1999. "Rational Incompatibility With International Product Standards," Working Papers 14597, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Chou, Chien-fu & Shy, Oz, 1990. "Network effects without network externalities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 259-270, June.
- Gandal, Neil & Shy, Oz, 2001. "Standardization policy and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 363-383, April.
- Matutes, Carmen & Regibeau, Pierre, 1996. "A selective review of the economics of standardization. Entry deterrence, technological progress and international competition," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 183-209, September.
- Funk, Jeffrey L. & Methe, David T., 2001. "Market- and committee-based mechanisms in the creation and diffusion of global industry standards: the case of mobile communication," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 589-610, April.
- Pargal, Sheoli, 1996. "Do incompatible network standards lead to domestic benefits? The case of color television," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-227, September.
More about this item
Keywordscompatibility decisions; installed home base; international network effects; standardization bodies; third-market competition;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:3816. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.