Daily wages and piece rates in agrarian economies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Matutes, Carmen & Regibeau, Pierre & Rockett, Katharine, 1994. "Compensation Schemes and Labor Market Competition: Piece Rate versus Wage Rate," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 325-353, Summer.
- Anindita Mukherjee, 1994. "The Labour Markets in Indian Villages," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 34, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Joesph E. Stiglitz, 1975. "Incentives, Risk, and Information: Notes Towards a Theory of Hierarchy," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 552-579, Autumn.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:241836 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bardhan, Pranab & Rudra, Ashok, 1981. "Terms and Conditions of Labour Contracts in Agriculture: Results of a Survey in West Bengal, 1979," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 43(1), pages 89-111, February.
- Seiler, Eric, 1984. "Piece Rate vs. Time Rate: The Effect of Incentives on Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 363-376, August.
- Bliss, C. J. & Stern, N. H., 1982. "Palanpur: The Economy of an Indian Village," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284192.
- Roumasset, James & Uy, Marilou, 1980. "Piece rates, time rates, and teams : Explaining patterns in the employment relation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 343-360, December.
- Reddy, C. R., 1985. "Rural labour market in varhad: a case study of agricultural labourers in rain-fed agriculture in India," ILO Working Papers 992418363402676, International Labour Organization.
- Petersen, Trond, 1991. "Reward Systems and the Distribution of Wages," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 130-158, Special I.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Imai, Katsushi, 2007.
"Targeting versus universalism: An evaluation of indirect effects of the Employment Guarantee Scheme in India,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 99-113.
- Katsushi Imai, 2004. "Targeting versus Universalism: An Evaluation of Indirect Effects of the Employment Guarantee Scheme in India," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 04/07, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Jun 2004.
- Ali Naqvi & Miriam Rehm, 2014. "A multi-agent model of a low income economy: simulating the distributional effects of natural disasters," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 9(2), pages 275-309, October.
- Omar Al-Ubaydli & Steffen Andersen & Uri Gneezy & John A. List, 2015.
"Carrots That Look Like Sticks: Toward an Understanding of Multitasking Incentive Schemes,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 538-561, January.
- Omar Al-Ubaydli & Steffen Andersen & Uri Gneezy & John A. List, 2012. "Carrots that Look Like Sticks: Toward an Understanding of Multitasking Incentive Schemes," NBER Working Papers 18453, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Omar Al-Ubaydli & Steffen Andersen & Uri Gneezy & John List, 2012. "Carrots That Look Like Sticks: Toward an Understanding of Multitasking Incentive Schemes," Natural Field Experiments 00455, The Field Experiments Website.
- Jha, Raghbendra & Gaiha, Raghav & Pandey, Manoj K., 2013. "Body Mass Index, participation, duration of work and earnings under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme: Evidence from Rajasthan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 14-30.
- Raghav Gaiha, 2004. "Is There a Case for the Employment Guarantee Scheme in India? Some Recent Evidence," ASARC Working Papers 2004-09, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Hart, Robert A, 2001.
"Hours and Wages in the Depression: British Engineering, 1926-1938,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 478-502, October.
- Hart, Robert A., 2000. "Hours and Wages in the Depression: British Engineering, 1926-1938," IZA Discussion Papers 132, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jellal, Mohamed & Zenou, Yves, 2005.
"Ethnic Diversity, Market Structure and Risk Sharing in Developing Countries,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5366, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Zenou, Yves, 2006. "Ethnic diversity market structure and risk sharing in developing countries," MPRA Paper 38435, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jayaraman, Rajshri & Lanjouw, Peter, 1999.
"The Evolution of Poverty and Inequality in Indian Villages,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Jayraman, Raji & Lanjouw, Peter, 1998. "The evolution of poverty and inequality in Indian villages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1870, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:131:y:2018:i:c:p:42-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- Makino, Momoe, 2012. "What motivates female operators to enter the garment industry in Pakistan in the post-MFA period?," IDE Discussion Papers 374, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; labour contracts; agricultural labour;
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
- J43 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Agricultural Labor Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:1998058. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .