Backed Money, Fiat Money and the Real Bills Doctrine
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1992.
"Money and Prices in Colonial America: A New Test of Competing Theories,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 143-61, February.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1990. "Money and Prices in Colonial America: A New Test of Competing Theories," NBER Working Papers 3383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laidler, David, 1987. "Wicksell and fisher on the "Backing" of money and the quantity theory A comment on the debate between Bruce Smith and Ronald Michener," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 325-334, January.
- Siklos, P.L., 1990.
"The Link Between Money And Prices Under Different Policy Regimes: The Postwar Hungarian Experience,"
90134, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Siklos, Pierre L., 1990. "The link between money and prices under different policy regimes: The postwar Hungarian experience," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 468-482, October.
- Taylor, Dean, 1982. "Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market, or, Bet against the Central Bank," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(2), pages 356-68, April.
- Michener, Ronald, 1987. "Fixed exchange rates and the quantity theory in colonial America," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 233-307, January.
- James Tobin, 1963. "Commercial Banks as Creators of 'Money'," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 159, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1982. "The Real-Bills Doctrine versus the Quantity Theory: A Reconsideration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1212-36, December.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1982.
"The Ends of Four Big Inflations,"
in: Inflation: Causes and Effects, pages 41-98
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cunningham, Thomas J, 1992. "Some Real Evidence on the Real Bills Doctrine versus the Quantity Theory," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(2), pages 371-83, April.
- Calomiris, Charles W., 1988. "Institutional Failure, Monetary Scarcity, and the Depreciation of the Continental," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(01), pages 47-68, March.
- Wallace, Neil, 1981. "A Modigliani-Miller Theorem for Open-Market Operations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 267-74, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:uclawp:789. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tim Kwok)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.