Backed Money, Fiat Money, and the Real Bills Doctrine
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Sproul, 1999. "Backed Money, Fiat Money and the Real Bills Doctrine," UCLA Economics Working Papers 789, UCLA Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Siklos, Pierre L., 1990.
"The link between money and prices under different policy regimes: The postwar Hungarian experience,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 468-482, October.
- Siklos, P.L., 1990. "The Link Between Money And Prices Under Different Policy Regimes: The Postwar Hungarian Experience," Working Papers 90134, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Calomiris, Charles W., 1988. "Institutional Failure, Monetary Scarcity, and the Depreciation of the Continental," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(01), pages 47-68, March.
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1992.
"Money and Prices in Colonial America: A New Test of Competing Theories,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 143-161, February.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1990. "Money and Prices in Colonial America: A New Test of Competing Theories," NBER Working Papers 3383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1982. "The Ends of Four Big Inflations," NBER Chapters,in: Inflation: Causes and Effects, pages 41-98 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Tobin, 1963. "Commercial Banks as Creators of 'Money'," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 159, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1982. "The Real-Bills Doctrine versus the Quantity Theory: A Reconsideration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1212-1236, December.
- Cunningham, Thomas J, 1992. "Some Real Evidence on the Real Bills Doctrine versus the Quantity Theory," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(2), pages 371-383, April.
- Wallace, Neil, 1981. "A Modigliani-Miller Theorem for Open-Market Operations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 267-274, June.
- Michener, Ronald, 1987. "Fixed exchange rates and the quantity theory in colonial America," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 233-307, January.
- Taylor, Dean, 1982. "Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market, or, Bet against the Central Bank," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(2), pages 356-368, April.
- Laidler, David, 1987. "Wicksell and fisher on the "Backing" of money and the quantity theory A comment on the debate between Bruce Smith and Ronald Michener," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 325-334, January.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chuang, Shi-Feng & Huo, Teh-Ming, 2004. "Legal restrictions and sunspots: A further inquiry on the real-bills doctrine versus the quantity theory debate," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 431-442, September.
- Loewy Michael B., 2003. "``To Furnish an Elastic Currency'': Banking, Aggregate Risk, and Welfare," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:uclawp:774b. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.ucla.edu/ .