Exchange Rate Pass-Through in the Deflationary Japan: How Effective is the Yenâ€™s Depreciation for Fighting Deflation?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giovannini, Alberto, 1988. "Exchange rates and traded goods prices," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 45-68, February.
- Feenstra, Robert C., 1989.
"Symmetric pass-through of tariffs and exchange rates under imperfect competition: An empirical test,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 25-45, August.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1987. "Symmetric Pass-Through of Tariffs and Exchange Rates Under Imperfect Competition: An Empirical Test," NBER Working Papers 2453, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1997.
"Goods Prices and Exchange Rates: What Have We Learned?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1243-1272, September.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1996. "Goods Prices and Exchange Rates: What Have We Learned?," NBER Working Papers 5862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 2002.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through into Import Prices: A Macro or Micro Phenomenon?,"
NBER Working Papers
8934, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 2002. "Exchange rate pass-through into import prices: a macro or micro phenomenon?," Staff Reports 149, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Campa, Jose M. & Goldberg, Linda S., 2002. "Exchange rate pass-through into import prices: A macro or micro phenomenon?," IESE Research Papers D/475, IESE Business School.
- Gagnon, Joseph E. & Knetter, Michael M., 1995.
"Markup adjustment and exchange rate fluctuations: evidence from panel data on automobile exports,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 289-310, April.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Michael M. Knetter, 1992. "Markup Adjustment and Exchange Rate Fluctuations: Evidence From Panel Data on Automobile Exports," NBER Working Papers 4123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marston, Richard C., 1990. "Pricing to market in Japanese manufacturing," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 217-236, November.
- Jonathan McCarthy, 2007.
"Pass-Through of Exchange Rates and Import Prices to Domestic Inflation in Some Industrialized Economies,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 511-537, Fall.
- J. McCarthy, 1999. "Pass-through of exchange rates and import prices to domestic inflation in some industrialised economies," BIS Working Papers 79, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jonathan McCarthy, 2000. "Pass-through of exchange rates and import prices to domestic inflation in some industrialized economies," Staff Reports 111, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 2003.
"Escaping from a Liquidity Trap and Deflation: The Foolproof Way and Others,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 145-166, Fall.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 2003. "Escaping from a Liquidity Trap and Deflation: The Foolproof Way and Others," NBER Working Papers 10195, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Jane E. Ihrig, 2001. "Monetary policy and exchange rate pass-through," International Finance Discussion Papers 704, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Choudhri, Ehsan U. & Hakura, Dalia S., 2006.
"Exchange rate pass-through to domestic prices: Does the inflationary environment matter?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 614-639, June.
- Dalia S Hakura & Ehsan U. Choudhri, 2001. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through to Domestic Prices; Does the Inflationary Environment Matter?," IMF Working Papers 01/194, International Monetary Fund.
- Otani, Akira & Shiratsuka, Shigenori & Shirota, Toyoichiro, 2003. "The Decline in the Exchange Rate Pass-Through: Evidence from Japanese Import Prices," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 21(3), pages 53-81, October.
- Kenichi Ohno, 1989. "Export Pricing Behavior of Manufacturing: A U.S.: Japan Comparison," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(3), pages 550-579, September.
- Sazanami, Yoko & Kimura, Fukunari & Kawai, Hiroki, 1997. "Sectoral Price Movements under the Yen Appreciation," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 611-641, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph P. Byrne & Aditya S. Chavali & Alexandros Kontonikas., 2010.
"Exchange Rate Pass Through To Import Prices: Panel Evidence From Emerging Market Economies,"
2010_19, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Byrne, Joseph P. & Chavali, Aditya S. & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2010. "Exchange rate pass through to import prices: panel evidence from emerging market economies," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-46, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Zakaria Moussa, 2016. "How big is the comeback? Japanese exchange rate pass-through assessed by Time-Varying FAVAR," Working Papers hal-01282811, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordspass-through; exchange rate; deflation; Japan;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2004-05-02 (International Finance)
- NEP-SEA-2004-05-02 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_1134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.