Income Inequality Comparisons with Dirty Data: The UK and Spain during the 1980s
Inequality comparisons between countries and over time should take into account problems of data imperfection. We examine the contrasting experience of the UK and spain during the 1980s in terms of the distribution of disposable income. We consider whether the apparent divergence of inequality could be attributed to deficiencies in income data including under-reporting.
|Date of creation:||Jun 1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frank Cowell & Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser, 2001.
"Distributional dominance with dirty data,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2239, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Frank A Cowell & Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser, 2001. "Distributional Dominance with Dirty Data," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 51, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Frank A Cowell & Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser, 1996. "Welfare Judgements in the Presence Contaminated Data," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 13, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Cowell, Frank A & Victoria-Feser, Maria-Pia, 1996. "Robustness Properties of Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(1), pages 77-101, January.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292975, April.
- Coulter, Fiona A E & Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1992. "Equivalence Scale Relativities and the Extent of Inequality and Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1067-1082, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)