The Manufacturing Plant Ownership Change Database: Its Construction And Usefulness
The Center for Economic Studies, U. S. Bureau of the Census, has constructed the "Manufacturing Plant Ownership Change Database" (OCD)using plant-level data taken from the Census Bureau's Longitudinal Research Database (LRD). The OCD contains data on all manufacturing establishments that have experienced ownership change at least once during the period 1963-1992 . This is a unique data set which, together with the LRD, can be used to conduct a variety of economic studies that were not possible before. This paper describes how the OCD was constructed and discusses the usefulness of these data for economic research.
|Date of creation:||Sep 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 4600 Silver Hill Road, Washington, DC 20233|
Phone: (301) 763-6460
Fax: (301) 763-5935
Web page: http://www.census.gov/ces
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McGuckin, Robert H & Nguyen, Sang V & Andrews, Stephen H, 1992.
"The Relationships among Acquiring and Acquired Firms' Product Lines,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(2), pages 477-502, October.
- Sang V Nguyen & Robert H Mcguckin & Stephen H Andrews, 1990. "The Relationships Among Acquiring And Acquired Firms' Product Lines," Working Papers 90-12, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Matsusaka, John G, 1993. "Target Profits and Managerial Discipline during the Conglomerate Merger Wave," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 179-89, June.
- Paul M. Healy & Krishna G. Palepu & Richard C. Rubak, 1990. "Does Corporate Performance Improve After Mergers?," NBER Working Papers 3348, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplan, Steven, 1989. "The effects of management buyouts on operating performance and value," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 217-254.
- Charles Brown & James L. Medoff, 1988.
"The Impact of Firm Acquisitions on Labor,"
in: Corporate Takeovers: Causes and Consequences, pages 9-32
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979.
"Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-90, October.
- Robert H Mcguckin & George A Pascoe, 1988. "The Longitudinal Research Database (LRD): Status And Research Possibilities," Working Papers 88-2, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cen:wpaper:98-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fariha Kamal)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.