Revisiting the Capital Tax Ambiguity Result
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth L. Judd, 2002. "Capital-Income Taxation with Imperfect Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 417-421, May.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1997. "The Optimal Tax Rate for Capital Income is Negative," NBER Working Papers 6004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1999. "Optimal taxation and spending in general competitive growth models," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Guo, Jang-Ting & Lansing, Kevin J., 1999.
"Optimal taxation of capital income with imperfectly competitive product markets,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 967-995, June.
- Jang-Ting Guo & Kevin J. Lansing, 1998. "Optimal taxation of capital income with imperfectly competitive product markets," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 98-04, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wei Jiang, 2014. "Optimal taxation and labour wedge in models with equilibrium unemployment," Studies in Economics 1407, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Jiang Wei, 2019. "Optimal taxation under equilibrium unemployment and economic profits," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 19(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Erkki Koskela & Leopold Von Thadden, 2008.
"Optimal Factor Taxation under Wage Bargaining: A Dynamic Perspective,"
German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9(2), pages 135-159, May.
- Koskela, Erkki & von Thadden, Leopold, 2002. "Optimal factor taxation under wage bargaining: a dynamic perspective," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,31, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Erkki Koskela & Leopold von Thadden, 2003. "Optimal Factor Taxation under Wage Bargaining - A Dynamic Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 836, CESifo.
- Alberto Petrucci, 2010. "Second-Best Optimal Taxation of Oil and Capital in a Small Open Economy," Working Papers 2010.20, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Javier Coto-Martínez & Carlos Garriga & Fernando Sánchez-Losada, 2007.
"Optimal Taxation with Imperfect Competition and Aggregate Returns to Specialization,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 5(6), pages 1269-1299, December.
- Javier Coto-Martinez & Carlos Garriga & Fernando Sanchez-Losada, 2007. "Optimal taxation with imperfect competition and aggregate returns to specialization," Working Papers 2007-036, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Mino, Kazuo, 2001.
"Optimal taxation in dynamic economies with increasing returns,"
Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 235-253, August.
- Mino, Kazuo, 2000. "Optimal Taxation in Dynamic Economies with Increasing Returns," MPRA Paper 17324, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arefiev, Nikolay & Baron, Tatyana, 2006. "Capital Taxation and Rent Seeking," MPRA Paper 9988, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James B. Davies & Jie Zhang & Jinli Zeng, 2000.
"Optimal Tax Mix in a Two-Sector Growth Model with Transitional Dynamics,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
200017, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- James B. Davies & Jie Zhang & Jinli Zeng, 2000. "Optimal tax mix in a two-sector growth model with transitional dynamics," Departmental Working Papers wp0105, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Coto-Martinez, J. & Garriga, C. & Sanchez-Losada, F., 2004. "Optimal taxation with imperfect competition and increasing returns to specialization," Working Papers 04/10, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Tapio Palokangas, 2014. "Optimal Capital Taxation, Labour Unions, and the Hold-Up Problem," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 28(4), pages 359-375, December.
- James B. Davies & Jinli Zeng & Jie Zhang, 2009.
"Time‐consistent taxation in a dynastic family model with human and physical capital and a balanced government budget,"
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 42(3), pages 1023-1049, August.
- James B. Davies & Jinli Zeng & Jie Zhang, 2009. "Time-consistent taxation in a dynastic family model with human and physical capital and a balanced government budget," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 42(3), pages 1023-1049, August.
- Gorostiaga, Arantza, 2003.
"Should fiscal policy be different in a non-competitive framework?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1311-1331, September.
- Gorostiaga, A., 1999. "Should Fiscal Policy be Different in a Non-Competitive Framework?," Papers 9901, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Arantza Gorostiaga, 2002. "Should Fiscal Policy Be Di.erent in a Non-Competitive Framework?," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/11, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Long Xin & Pelloni Alessandra, 2011.
"Welfare improving taxation on savings in a growth model,"
0091, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Xin Long & Alessandra Pelloni, 2012. "Welfare Improving Taxation on Savings in a Growth Model," Working Paper series 01_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Xin Long & Alessandra Pelloni, 2012. "Welfare Improving Taxation on Savings in a Growth Model," CEIS Research Paper 218, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 27 Jan 2012.
- Chen, Been-Lon & Lu, Chia-Hui, 2013.
"Optimal factor tax incidence in two-sector human capital-based models,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 75-94.
- Been-Lon Chen & Chia-Hui Lu, 2012. "Optimal Factor Tax Incidence in Two-sector Human Capital-based Models," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 12-A018, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Auerbach, Alan J. & Hines, James Jr., 2002. "Taxation and economic efficiency," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 21, pages 1347-1421, Elsevier.
- Baltasar Manzano & Jesús Ruiz, 2004. "Política fiscal óptima: el estado de la cuestión," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 28(1), pages 5-41, January.
- Maria Ferrara & Patrizio Tirelli, 2014. "Fiscal Consolidations: Can We Reap the Gain and Escape the Pain?," Working Papers 283, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2014.
- Cerda, Rodrigo A. & Saravia, Diego, 2013. "Optimal taxation with heterogeneous firms and informal sector," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 39-61.
- Lansing, Kevin J., 1999.
"Optimal redistributive capital taxation in a neoclassical growth model,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 423-453, September.
- Kevin J. Lansing, 1998. "Optimal redistributive capital taxation in a neoclassical growth model," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 99-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Magnus Jonsson, 2007. "The welfare cost of imperfect competition and distortionary taxation," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 10(4), pages 576-594, October.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal taxation; Monopoly power; Ramsey policy;
All these keywords.
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2006-04-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-DGE-2006-04-29 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2006-04-29 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MIC-2006-04-29 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2006-04-29 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2006-04-29 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdf:wpaper:2006/20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yongdeng Xu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecscfuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.