Long-Run Share Performance of UK Firms Engaging in Cross-Border Acquisitions
This working paper has been replaced by Working Paper No. 276 (Dec 2003)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cbr.cam.ac.uk/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eckbo, B. Espen & Thorburn, Karin S., 2000. "Gains to Bidder Firms Revisited: Domestic and Foreign Acquisitions in Canada," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(01), pages 1-25, March.
- Maquieira, Carlos P. & Megginson, William L. & Nail, Lance, 1998. "Wealth creation versus wealth redistributions in pure stock-for-stock mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 3-33, April.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Ruback, Richard S., 1983. "The market for corporate control : The scientific evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 5-50, April.
- Kiymaz, Halil & Mukherjee, Tarun K, 2000. "The Impact of Country Diversification on Wealth Effects in Cross-Border Mergers," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 37-58, May.
- Andy Cosh & Alan Hughes, 1996. "International merger activity and the national regulation of mergers: A UK perspective," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 279-302, October.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Kolodny, Richard & Scheraga, Carl, 1996. "Cross-border acquisitions and shareholder wealth: Tests of the synergy and internalization hypotheses," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1559-1582, November.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Klaus Gugler & Dennis C. Mueller & B. Burcin Yurtoglu & Christine Zulehner, 2001.
"The Effects of Mergers: An International Comparison,"
CIG Working Papers
FS IV 01-21, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Gugler, Klaus & Mueller, Dennis C. & Yurtoglu, B. Burcin & Zulehner, Christine, 2003. "The effects of mergers: an international comparison," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 625-653, May.
- Morck, Randall & Yeung, Bernard, 1992. "Internalization : An event study test," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 41-56, August.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Agrawal, Anup & Jaffe, Jeffrey F & Mandelker, Gershon N, 1992. " The Post-merger Performance of Acquiring Firms: A Re-examination of an Anomaly," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1605-21, September.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1997. "Detecting long-run abnormal stock returns: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 341-372, March.
- Corhay, Albert & Rad, Alireza Tourani, 2000. "International acquisitions and shareholder wealth Evidence from the Netherlands," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-174.
- Henri Servaes & Marc Zenner, 1994. "Taxes and the Return to Foreign Acquisitions in the United States," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(4), Winter.
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G. & Ruback, Richard S., 1992. "Does corporate performance improve after mergers?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 135-175, April.
- John D. Lyon & Brad M. Barber & Chih-Ling Tsai, 1999. "Improved Methods for Tests of Long-Run Abnormal Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 165-201, 02.
- Saeyoung Chang, 1998. "Takeovers of Privately Held Targets, Methods of Payment, and Bidder Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 773-784, 04.
- Mitchell, Mark L & Stafford, Erik, 2000.
"Managerial Decisions and Long-Term Stock Price Performance,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(3), pages 287-329, July.
- Mark L. Mitchell & Erik Stafford, 1997. "Managerial Decisions and Long-Term Stock Price Performance," CRSP working papers 453, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Higson, Chris & Elliott, Jamie, 1998. "Post-takeover returns: The UK evidence," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 27-46, January.
- Earl Shinn, 1999. "Returns to acquiring firms: The role of managerial ownership, managerial wealth, and outside owners," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 23(1), pages 78-89, March.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Jeremy C. Stein, 1991. "Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment: An Imperfect Capital Markets Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1191-1217.
- Gregor Andrade & Mark Mitchell & Erik Stafford, 2001. "New Evidence and Perspectives on Mergers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 103-120, Spring.
- J. Andrew Coutts & Terence Mills & Jennifer Roberts, 1997. "Time series and cross-section parameter stability in the market model: the implications for event studies," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 243-259.
- Cakici, Nusret & Hessel, Chris & Tandon, Kishore, 1996. "Foreign acquisitions in the United States: Effect on shareholder wealth of foreign acquiring firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 307-329, March.
- Raghavendra Rau, P. & Vermaelen, Theo, 1998. "Glamour, value and the post-acquisition performance of acquiring firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 223-253, August.
- Alan Gregory, 1997. "An Examination of the Long Run Performance of UK Acquiring Firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(7&8), pages 971-1002.
- Deborah L. Swenson, 1993. "Foreign Mergers and Acquisitions in the United States," NBER Chapters, in: Foreign Direct Investment, pages 255-284 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbr:cbrwps:wp214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Howard Cobb)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.