MNC Dividends, Tax Holidays and the Burden of the Repatriation Tax: Recent Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John W. Diamond & George R. Zodrow (ed.), 2008. "Fundamental Tax Reform: Issues, Choices, and Implications," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262042479, January.
- Altshuler, Rosanne & Grubert, Harry, 2003.
"Repatriation taxes, repatriation strategies and multinational financial policy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 73-107, January.
- Rosanne Altshuler & Harry Grubert, 2001. "Repatriation Taxes, Repatriation Strategies and Multinational Financial Policy," NBER Working Papers 8144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosanne Altshuler & Harry Grubert, 2002. "Repatriation Taxes, Repatriation Strategies and Multinational Financial Policy," Departmental Working Papers 200009, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Altshuler, Rosanne & Grubert, Harry, 2001.
"Where Will They Go if We Go Territorial? Dividend Exemption and the Location Decisions of U.S. Multinational Corporations,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 54(4), pages 787-809, December.
- Rosanne Altshuler & Harry Grubert, 2002. "Where will they go if we go territorial? Dividend exemption and the location decisions of U.S. multinational corporations," Departmental Working Papers 200201, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Sinn, H.W., 1990. "Taxation And The Birth Of Foreign Subsidiaries," Papers 66, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Alfons Weichenrieder, 1996. "Anti-tax-avoidance provisions and the size of foreign direct investment," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 3(1), pages 67-81, January.
- Grubert, Harry, 1998. "Taxes and the division of foreign operating income among royalties, interest, dividends and retained earnings," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 269-290, May.
- Hartman, David G., 1985. "Tax policy and foreign direct investment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 107-121, February.
- Harry Grubert & Rosanne Altshuler, 2007. "Corporate Taxes in the World Economy: Reforming the Taxation of Cross-Border Income," Departmental Working Papers 200626, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Desai, Mihir A. & Foley, C. Fritz & Hines, James R. Jr., 2001. "Repatriation Taxes and Dividend Distortions," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 54(4), pages 829-851, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel N. Shaviro, 2009. "Planning and Policy Issues Raised by the Structure of the U.S. International Tax Rules," Working Papers 0915, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Feld, Lars P. & Ruf, Martin & Scheuering, Uwe & Schreiber, Ulrich & Voget, Johannes, 2016. "Repatriation taxes and outbound M&As," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 13-27.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2009-11-07 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2009-11-07 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2009-11-07 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:btx:wpaper:0927. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dongxian Guo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sbsoxuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.