The Success of Currency Reforms to End Great Inflations: An Empirical Analysis of 34 High Inflations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paldam, Martin, 1994. "The political economy of stopping high inflation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 135-168, May.
- Bomberger, William A & Makinen, Gail E, 1983. "The Hungarian Hyperinflation and Stabilization of 1945-1946," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(5), pages 801-824, October.
- Makinen, Gail E, 1984. "The Greek Stabilization of 1944-46," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1067-1074, December.
More about this item
KeywordsGreat inflations; currency reforms; central bank independence; fixed exchange rate;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E65 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Studies of Particular Policy Episodes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bsl:wpaper:2007/13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WWZ). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wwzbsch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.