The Determinants of Cross-Border Bank Shareholdings; an Analysis with Bank-Level Data from OECD Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dario Focarelli & Alberto F. Pozzolo, 2000. "The determinants of cross-border bank shareholdings: an analysis with bank-level data from OECD countries," Proceedings 696, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Focarelli, D. & Pozzolo, A.F., 2000. "The Determinants of Cross-Border Bank Share holdings: an Analysis with Bank-Level Data from OECD Countries," Papers 381, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
References listed on IDEAS
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "How does foreign entry affect the domestic banking market?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1918, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Lodh, Suman & Nandy, Monomita, 2017.
"The performance of banks in the MENA region during the global financial crisis,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 583-590.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Suman Lodh & Monomita Nandy, 2016. "The Performance of Banks in the MENA Region during the Global Financial Crisis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1580, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Suman Lodh & Monomita Nandy, 2016. "The Performance of Banks in the MENA Region During the Global Financial Crisis," CESifo Working Paper Series 5921, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ricardo Correa, 2009.
"Cross-Border Bank Acquisitions: Is there a Performance Effect?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 169-197, December.
- Ricardo Correa, 2008. "Cross-border bank acquisitions: Is there a performance effect?," International Finance Discussion Papers 922, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Van Horen, Neeltje, 2007. "Foreign banking in developing countries; origin matters," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 81-105, May.
- Schertler, Andrea & Tykvová, Tereza, 2006. "Rivals or partners? Evidence from Europe's international private equity deals," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-091, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lücke, Matthias & Spinanger, Dean, 2004. "Liberalisierung des internationalen Handels mit Dienstleistungen: Herausforderungen und Chancen für Entwicklungsländer," Kiel Working Papers 1228, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Micco & César Manuel Serra, 2003.
"Better the Devil that You Know: Evidence on Entry Costs Faced by Foreign Banks,"
Research Department Publications
4313, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Micco & César Manuel Serra, 2003. "Better the Devil that You Know: Evidence on Entry Costs Faced by Foreign Banks," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1443, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Micco & César Manuel Serra, 2003. "Más vale malo conocido: elementos de juicio sobre los costos de ingreso que encaran los bancos extranjeros," Research Department Publications 4314, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Luca Dedola & Eugenio Gaiotti & Luca Silipo, 2001.
"Money demand in the euro area: do national differences matter?,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
405, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Luca Dedola & Eugenio Gaiotti & Luca Silipo, 2004. "Money Demand in theEuroArea: Do National Differences Matter?," Macroeconomics 0404019, EconWPA, revised 24 Apr 2004.
- Haselmann, Rainer, 2006. "Strategies of foreign banks in transition economies," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 283-299, December.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje Horen, 2014.
"Location Decisions of Foreign Banks and Competitor Remoteness,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(1), pages 145-170, February.
- Claessens, Stijn & Van Horen, Neeltje, 2007. "Location decisions of foreign banks and competitive advantage," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4113, The World Bank.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje van Horen, 2008. "Location Decisions of Foreign Banks and Institutional Competitive Advantage," DNB Working Papers 172, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Paula, Luiz Fernando Rodrigues de, 2003. "The determinants of recent foreign bank penetration in Brazil," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Focarelli, Dario & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2001. "The patterns of cross-border bank mergers and shareholdings in OECD countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 2305-2337, December.
- Shen, Chung-Hua & Lin, Mei-Rong, 2011. "The determinants of cross-border consolidation in eight Asian countries: Before and after the Asian financial crisis," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 89-105, April.
- Jari Jumpponen & Kari Liuhto & Mart SÄ±rg & Vello Vensel, 2004. "BanksÃ Internationalization: Estonian and Russian BanksÃ Expansion to the Foreign Markets," Working Papers 109, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology.
- Ralph de Haas, 2006. "Monitoring Costs and Multinational-Bank Lending," DNB Working Papers 088, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Claessens, Stijn & Van Horen, Neeltje, 2013. "Impact of Foreign Banks," Journal of Financial Perspectives, EY Global FS Institute, vol. 1(1), pages 29-42.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 2000.
"Implications of the globalization of the banking sector: the Latin American experience,"
New England Economic Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 45-62.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 2000. "Implications of the globalization of the banking sector: the Latin American experience," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 44(Jun), pages 145-185.
- Petrou, Andreas, 2007. "Multinational banks from developing versus developed countries: Competing in the same arena?," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 376-397, September.
- Cull, Robert & Harten, Sven & Nishida, Ippei & Rusu, Anca Bogdana & Bull, Greta, 2015. "Benchmarking the financial performance, growth, and outreach of greenfield MFIs in Africa," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 92-124.
- -, 2003. "CEPAL Review no.79," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Jean-Paul Abraham & Peter van Dijcke, 2002. "European Financial Cross-Border Consolidation: At the crossroads in Europe? By exception, evolution or revolution?," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 22 edited by Morten Balling.
More about this item
Keywordsbanks; foreign banks; foreign direct investment;
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:wptemi:td_381_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.