Foreclosures and house prices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michele Loberto & Andrea Luciani & Marco Pangallo, 2020. "What do online listings tell us about the housing market?," Papers 2004.02706, arXiv.org.
- Dan Immergluck & Geoff Smith, 2006. "The external costs of foreclosure: The impact of single‐family mortgage foreclosures on property values," Housing Policy Debate, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 57-79.
- Charles Towe & Chad Lawley, 2013. "The Contagion Effect of Neighboring Foreclosures," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 313-335, May.
- Federica Ciocchetta & Wanda Cornacchia & Roberto Felici & Michele Loberto, 2016. "Assessing financial stability risks from the real estate market in Italy," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 323, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Chomsisengphet, Souphala & Kiefer, Hua & Liu, Xiaodong, 2018. "Spillover effects in home mortgage defaults: Identifying the power neighbor," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 68-82.
- Calabrese, Raffaella & Crook, Jonathan, 2020. "Spatial contagion in mortgage defaults: A spatial dynamic survival model with time and space varying coefficients," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 287(2), pages 749-761.
- Alm, James & Leguizamon, J. Sebastian, 2018.
"The housing crisis, foreclosures, and local tax revenues,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 300-311.
- James Alm & J. Sebastian Leguizamon, 2018. "The Housing Crisis, Foreclosures, and Local Tax Revenues," Working Papers 1803, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- William M. Doerner & Andrew V. Leventis, 2013. "Distressed Sales and the FHFA House Price Index," FHFA Staff Working Papers 13-01, Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- Justin Sirignano & Kay Giesecke, 2019. "Risk Analysis for Large Pools of Loans," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 65(1), pages 107-121, January.
- Alexandra E. Hill & Jesse Burkhardt, 2021. "Peers in the Field: The Role of Ability and Gender in Peer Effects among Agricultural Workers," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 103(3), pages 790-811, May.
- Goodstein, Ryan & Hanouna, Paul & Ramirez, Carlos D. & Stahel, Christof W., 2017. "Contagion effects in strategic mortgage defaults," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 50-60.
- Gerardo Pérez‐Cavazos, 2019. "Consequences of Debt Forgiveness: Strategic Default Contagion and Lender Learning," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 797-841, June.
- Christa Brelsford & Caterina De Bacco, 2018. "Are `Water Smart Landscapes' Contagious? An epidemic approach on networks to study peer effects," Papers 1801.10516, arXiv.org.
- Gabriel S. Sampson & Edward D. Perry, 2019.
"Peer effects in the diffusion of water‐saving agricultural technologies,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 50(6), pages 693-706, November.
- Sampson, Gabriel & Perry, Edward, 2018. "Peer Effects in the Diffusion of Water Saving Agricultural Technologies," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274300, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Leonardo Gambacorta & Luigi Guiso & Paolo Emilio Mistrulli & Andrea Pozzi & Anton Tsoy, 2019.
"The Cost of Steering in Financial Markets: Evidence from the Mortgage Market,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
1252, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Leonardo Gambacorta & Luigi Guiso & Paolo Emilio Mistrulli & Andrea Pozzi & Anton Tsoy, 2019. "The cost of steering in financial markets: evidence from the mortgage market," BIS Working Papers 835, Bank for International Settlements.
- Sampson, Gabriel & Perry, Edward & Hendricks, Nathan P., 2017. "The Role of Peer Effects in Resource Extraction - The Case of Kansas Groundwater," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258286, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Weiran Huang & Ashlyn Nelson & Stephen L. Ross, 2018.
"Foreclosure Spillovers within Broad Neighborhoods,"
2018-096, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Weiran Huang & Ashlyn Nelson & Stephen L. Ross, 2018. "Foreclosure Spillovers within Broad Neighborhoods," Working papers 2018-23, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Weiran Huang & Ashlyn Nelson & Stephen Ross, 2021. "Foreclosure Spillovers within broad Neighborhoods," NBER Working Papers 28851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy Burke & Kata Mihaly, 2012. "Financial Literacy, Social Perception and Strategic Default," Working Papers WR-937, RAND Corporation.
- Jeffrey P. Cohen & Cletus C. Coughlin & Vincent W. Yao, 2016. "Sales of Distressed Residential Property: What Have We Learned from Recent Research?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 98(3), pages 159-188.
- Alm, James & Hawley, Zackary & Lee, Jin Man & Miller, Joshua J., 2016.
"Property tax delinquency and its spillover effects on nearby properties,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 71-77.
- James Alm & Jin Man Lee & Zackary Hawley & Joshua J. Miller, 2016. "Property Tax Delinquency and its Spillover Effects on Nearby Properties," Working Papers 1623, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2016. "Experiences with the ex ante appraisal of macroprudential instruments," CGFS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 56, June.
- Simlai, Prodosh, 2019. "Subprime credit, idiosyncratic risk, and foreclosures," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 175-189.
- Fabrizio Venditti & Francesco Columba & Alberto Maria Sorrentino, 2018. "A risk dashboard for the Italian economy," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 425, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Diamond, Rebecca & Guren, Adam & Tan, Rose, 2020.
"The Effect of Foreclosures on Homeowners, Tenants, and Landlords,"
3877, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Rebecca Diamond & Adam Guren & Rose Tan, 2020. "The Effect of Foreclosures on Homeowners, Tenants, and Landlords," NBER Working Papers 27358, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordshouse prices; foreclosures; neighborhood effects;
All these keywords.
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-URE-2021-03-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:wptemi:td_1325_21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.