Lagging Productivity Growth in the Service Sector: Mismeasurement, Mismanagement or Misinformation?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David, P.A., 1989. "Computer And Dynamo: The Modern Productivity Paradox In A Not-Too Distant Mirror," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 339, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- repec:bin:bpeajo:v:26:y:1995:i:1995-3:p:307-358 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "Macroeconomics of Unbalanced Growth: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 150-150, March.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Productivity, R&D, and the Data Constraint," NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 347-374 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francois, Joseph & Reinert, Kenneth A, 1995. "The Role of Services in the Structure of Production and Trade: Stylized Facts from a Cross-Country Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 1228, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Durand, Rene, 1994. "An Alternative to Double Deflation for Measuring Real Industry Value-Added," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(3), pages 303-316, September.
- repec:bin:bpeajo:v:24:y:1993:i:1993-2m:p:71-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zvi Griliches, 1992. "Output Measurement in the Service Sectors," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gril92-1, July-Dec.
- Martin Neil Baily & Robert J. Gordon, 1988. "The Productivity Slowdown, Measurement Issues, and the Explosion of Computer Power," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 347-432.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rabeh Morrar & Faïz Gallouj, 2016.
"The growth of the service sector in Palestine: the productivity challenge,"
Journal of Innovation Economics,
De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 179-204.
- Rabeh Morrar & Faïz Gallouj, 2013. "The Growth of the Service Sector in Palestine: The productivity challenge," Post-Print halshs-01222937, HAL.
- repec:uae:wpaper:9801 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luis Rubalcaba Bermejo & Álvaro Ortíz Vidal-Abarca & Tomás Mancha Navarro, 1998. "Crecimiento, productividad y servicios avanzados en Europa: Implicaciones para la Política Económica," Working Papers 01/98, Instituto Universitario de Análisis Económico y Social.
- Soledad Núñez & Miguel Pérez, 2000. "La rama de servicios en España: un análisis comparado," Working Papers 0007, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity; Recent economic and financial developments;
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:97-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.