Problems in the Measurement and Performance of Service-Sector Productivity in the United States
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robert Gordon, 1995. "Problems in the Measurement and Performance of Service-Sector Productivity in the United States," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Palle Andersen & Jacqueline Dwyer & David Gruen (ed.), Productivity and Growth Reserve Bank of Australia.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ucp:bknber:9780226304557 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Ford & Pierre Poret, 1991. "Infrastructure and Private-Sector Productivity," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 91, OECD Publishing.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Productivity, R&D, and the Data Constraint," NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 347-374 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2007. "Index Numbers," Economics working papers diewert-07-01-03-08-17-23, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 31 Jan 2007.
- Zvi Griliches, 1992. "Output Measurement in the Service Sectors," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gril92-1, June.
- Martin Neil Baily & Robert J. Gordon, 1988. "The Productivity Slowdown, Measurement Issues, and the Explosion of Computer Power," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 347-432.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1995. "Price and Volume Measures in the System of National Accounts," NBER Working Papers 5103, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1995.
"Is There a Trade-off between Unemployment and Productivity Growth?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1159, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1995. "Is There a Tradeoff between Unemployment and Productivity Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1992. "Introduction to "Output Measurement in the Service Sectors"," NBER Chapters,in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 1-22 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1990. "The Measurement of Durable Goods Prices," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gord90-1, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roy H. Webb, 1998. "National productivity statistics," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 45-64.
- Rafael Gomez & David K. Foot, 2003.
"Age Structure, Income Distribution and Economic Growth,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 29(s1), pages 141-162, January.
- Rafael Gomez & David K. Foot, 2002. "Age Structure, Income Distribution And Economic Growth," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 36, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Mary Gregory & Giovanni Russo, 2004. "The Employment Impact of Differences in Dmand and Production," DEMPATEM Working Papers wp10, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Vicente Esteve, 2004.
"Política fiscal y productividad del trabajo en la economía española: un análisis de series temporales,"
Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review,
Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, June.
- Vicente Esteve, "undated". "PolÌtica fiscal y productividad del trabajo en la economÌa espanola: Un an·lisis de series temporales," Studies on the Spanish Economy 156, FEDEA.
- Bozena Kaderabkova, 2016. "Development of the economic cycle on labour market in the national economy and industry of the Czech Republi," Proceedings of Business and Management Conferences 4407037, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Cassou, Steven P. & Lansing, Kevin J., 1998.
"Optimal fiscal policy, public capital, and the productivity slowdown,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 911-935, June.
- Steven P. Cassou & Kevin J. Lansing, 1995. "Optimal fiscal policy, public capital, and the productivity slowdown," Working Paper 9509, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Messina, Julian, 2006.
"The role of product market regulations in the process of structural change,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1863-1890, October.
- Messina, Julián, 2003. "The role of product market regulations in the process of structural change," Working Paper Series 217, European Central Bank.
- Andrew J. Filardo, 1997. "Cyclical implications of the declining manufacturing employment share," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 63-87.
- Soledad Núñez & Miguel Pérez, 2000. "La rama de servicios en España: un análisis comparado," Working Papers 0007, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Patrick Francois & Joanne Roberts, 2003. "Contracting Productivity Growth," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 59-85.
- Charles Steindel, 1997. "Measuring economic activity and economic welfare: what are we missing?," Research Paper 9732, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- John Haltiwanger, 1997. "Measuring and analyzing aggregate fluctuations: the importance of building from microeconomic evidence," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 55-78.
- Wachter, Till von, 2001. "Employment and productivity growth in service and manufacturing sectors in France, Germany and the US," Working Paper Series 0050, European Central Bank.
- Božena Kadeřábková & Emilie Jašová, 2011.
"Analýza ukazatele NAIRU na sektorové úrovni
[Analysis of the Indicator NAIRU on the Sector Level]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(4), pages 508-525.
- Andreas Breitenfellner & Antje Hildebrandt, 2006. "High Employment with Low Productivity? The Service Sector as a Determinant of Economic Development," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 110-135.
- David, P.A., 2000.
"Understanding Digital Technology's Evolution and the Path of Measured Productivity Growth: Present and Future in the Mirror of the Past,"
99-011, United Nations World Employment Programme-.
- Paul A. David, 2005. "Understanding Digital Technology’s Evolution and the Path of Measured Productivity Growth: Present and Future in the Mirror of the Past," Macroeconomics 0502022, EconWPA.
- Pelaez, Rolando F., 2004. "Dating the productivity slowdown with a structural time-series model," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 253-264, May.
- Sultan, Muyed, 2008. "The Tertiary Sector Is Going to Dominate the World Economy; Should We Worry?," MPRA Paper 14681, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Areendam Chanda & Carl-Johan Dalgaard, 2005. "Wage Inequality and the Rise of Services," DEGIT Conference Papers c010_016, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:5519. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .