The Mode is the Message: Using Predata as Exclusion Restrictions to Evaluate Survey Design
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey E. Zabel, 1998. "An Analysis of Attrition in the Panel Study of Income Dynamics and the Survey of Income and Program Participation with an Application to a Model of Labor Market Behavior," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(2), pages 479-506.
- Whitney K. Newey, 2007. "NONPARAMETRIC CONTINUOUS/DISCRETE CHOICE MODELS," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1429-1439, November.
- Sokbae (Simon) Lee & Bernard Salanie, 2018. "Identifying effects of multivalued treatments," CeMMAP working papers CWP34/18, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Jae Kwang Kim & Jongho Im, 2014. "Propensity score adjustment with several follow-ups," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 101(2), pages 439-448.
- Martin Huber, 2012. "Identification of Average Treatment Effects in Social Experiments Under Alternative Forms of Attrition," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 37(3), pages 443-474, June.
- Fricke, Hans & Frölich, Markus & Huber, Martin & Lechner, Michael, 2015.
"Endogeneity and Non-Response Bias in Treatment Evaluation: Nonparametric Identification of Causal Effects by Instruments,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9428, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fricke, Hans & Frölich, Markus & Huber, Martin & Lechner, Michael, 2015. "Endogeneity and non-response bias in treatment evaluation - nonparametric identification of causal effects by instruments," FSES Working Papers 459, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Robert M. Groves & Steven G. Heeringa, 2006. "Responsive design for household surveys: tools for actively controlling survey errors and costs," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 169(3), pages 439-457.
- Martin Huber, 2014.
"Treatment Evaluation in the Presence of Sample Selection,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(8), pages 869-905, November.
- Martin Huber, 2009. "Treatment evaluation in the presence of sample selection," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2009 2009-07, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Jing Qin & Dean A. Follmann, 2014. "Semiparametric maximum likelihood inference by using failed contact attempts to adjust for nonignorable nonresponse," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 101(4), pages 985-991.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2016. "Matching on the Estimated Propensity Score," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 84, pages 781-807, March.
- Christopher Henry & Kim Huynh & Rallye Shen, 2015. "2013 Methods-of-Payment Survey Results," Discussion Papers 15-4, Bank of Canada.
- Luc Behaghel & Bruno Crépon & Marc Gurgand & Thomas Le Barbanchon, 2015.
"Please Call Again: Correcting Nonresponse Bias in Treatment Effect Models,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1070-1080, December.
- Behaghel, Luc & Crépon, Bruno & Gurgand, Marc & Le Barbanchon, Thomas, 2012. "Please Call Again: Correcting Non-Response Bias in Treatment Effect Models," IZA Discussion Papers 6751, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luc Behaghel & Bruno Crépon & Marc Gurgand & Thomas Le Barbanchon, 2015. "Please Call Again: Correcting Nonresponse Bias in Treatment Effect Models," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01245539, HAL.
- Luc Behaghel & Bruno Crépon & Marc Gurgand & Thomas Le barbanchon, 2012. "Please Call Again, Correcting Non-response Bias in Treatment Effect Models," Working Papers 2012-15, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Sokbae (Simon) Lee & Bernard Salanie, 2015. "Identifying effects of multivalued treatments," CeMMAP working papers CWP72/15, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Heng Chen & Marie-Hélène Felt & Kim Huynh, 2014. "Retail Payment Innovations and Cash Usage: Accounting for Attrition Using Refreshment Samples," Staff Working Papers 14-27, Bank of Canada.
- Matthias Schonlau & Arthur van Soest & Arie Kapteyn & Mick Couper, 2009. "Selection Bias in Web Surveys and the Use of Propensity Scores," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 37(3), pages 291-318, February.
- David S. Lee, 2009. "Training, Wages, and Sample Selection: Estimating Sharp Bounds on Treatment Effects," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 76(3), pages 1071-1102.
- Poirier, Dale J., 1980. "Partial observability in bivariate probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 209-217, February.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Donald, Stephen G., 2008. "The effect of college curriculum on earnings: An affinity identifier for non-ignorable non-response bias," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 479-491, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEconometric and statistical methods;
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-10-15 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:17-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .