Multiple Applications Matching Function: An Alternative
The multiple applications matching function derived in Albrecht, Gautier, Tan and Vroman (2004) involves terms which are very “convoluted”. This letter proposes an alternative more concise function, derived using applicant types as the source of randomness rather than the resulting application outcomes.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, UK|
Phone: 44-20- 76316429
Fax: 44-20- 76316416
Web page: http://www.ems.bbk.ac.uk/
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blanchard, J.O., 1989.
"The Aggregate Matching Function,"
538, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Moen, E.R., 1995.
"Competitive Search Equilibrium,"
37/1995, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Manolis Galenianos & Philipp Kircher, 2005.
"Directed Search with Multiple Job Applications,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
05-022, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Manolis Galenianos & Philipp A. Kircher, 2005. "Directed Search with Multiple Job Applications," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse20_2005, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Manolis Galenianos & Philipp Kircher, 2009. "Directed search with multiple job applications," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 29702, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- James W. Albrecht & Pieter A. Gautier & Susan B. Vroman, 2001.
"Matching with Multiple Applications,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
01-080/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Albrecht, James & Tan, Serene & Gautier, Pieter & Vroman, Susan, 2004. "Matching with multiple applications revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 311-314, September.
- Kenneth Burdett & Shouyong Shi & Randall Wright, 2001. "Pricing and Matching with Frictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(5), pages 1060-1085, October.
- Burdett, Kenneth & Mortensen, Dale T, 1998. "Wage Differentials, Employer Size, and Unemployment," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(2), pages 257-73, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bbk:bbkefp:0706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.