Identifying the Substitution Effect of Temporary Agency Employment
This paper fills a gap in the literature by investigating whether temporary agency employment substitutes regular employment. To take into account the interaction between the two employment forms, we identify a SVAR model with correlated innovations by volatility regimes. We show that a positive shock to temporary agency employment increases overall employment, but also leads to substitution of regular jobs.
|Date of creation:||19 Mar 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitäts-Str. 31, D-93040 Regensburg|
Phone: +49 941 943-2392
Fax: +49 941 943-4752
Web page: http://www.uni-regensburg.de/wirtschaftswissenschaften/fakultaet
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Autor & Susan Houseman, 2009.
"Do Temporary-Help Jobs Improve Labor Market Outcomes for Low-Skilled Workers? Evidence from 'Work First',"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
05-124, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- David H. Autor & Susan N. Houseman, 2010. "Do Temporary-Help Jobs Improve Labor Market Outcomes for Low-Skilled Workers? Evidence from "Work First"," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 96-128, July.
- David H. Autor & Susan Houseman, 2005. "Do Temporary Help Jobs Improve Labor Market Outcomes for Low-Skilled Workers? Evidence from 'Work First'," NBER Working Papers 11743, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David H. Autor & Susan N. Houseman, "undated". "Do Temporary-Help Jobs Improve Labor Market Outcomes for Low-Skilled Workers? Evidence from "Work First"," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles dhasnh2010, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Antoni, Manfred & Jahn, Elke J., 2006.
"Do Changes in Regulation Affect Employment Duration in Temporary Work Agencies?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2343, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Antoni, Manfred & Jahn, Elke J., 2006. "Do changes in regulation affect employment duration in temporary work agencies?," IAB Discussion Paper 200618, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Antoni, Manfred & Jahn, Elke J., 2006. "Do changes in regulation affect employment duration in temporary work agencies?," Discussion Papers 44, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Enzo Weber, 2010.
"Structural Conditional Correlation,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 8(3), pages 392-407, Summer.
- Weber, Enzo, 2009. "Structural Conditional Correlation," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 434, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Markku Lanne & Helmut Luetkepohl, 2006.
"Structural Vector Autoregressions with Nonnormal Residuals,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1651, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lanne, Markku & LÃ¼tkepohl, Helmut, 2010. "Structural Vector Autoregressions With Nonnormal Residuals," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(1), pages 159-168.
- Markku Lanne & Helmut Luetkepohl, 2005. "Structural Vector Autoregressions with Nonnormal Residuals," Economics Working Papers ECO2005/25, European University Institute.
- Gabriele Fiorentini & Enrique Sentana Iváñez, 1997.
"Identification, estimation and testing of conditionally heteroskedastic factor models,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1997-22, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Sentana, Enrique & Fiorentini, Gabriele, 2001. "Identification, estimation and testing of conditionally heteroskedastic factor models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 143-164, June.
- Sentana, E. & Fiorentini, G., 1997. "Identification, Estimation and Testing of Conditionally Heteroskedastic Factor Model," Papers 9709, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Kahn, Lawrence M., 2010. "Employment protection reforms, employment and the incidence of temporary jobs in Europe: 1996-2001," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Jahn, Elke J., 2008. "Reassessing the Wage Penalty for Temps in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 3663, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bay:rdwiwi:23597. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gernot Deinzer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.