The New Spanish System of Intergovernmental Transfers
This article analyses the workings of the new Spanish system of intergovernmental transfers, which has been in operation since 2009, and compares its expected effects with those of the model that was in force until 2008. The paper considers the effects of the new model at the base year of application and the growth over time of these effects. On the positive side, the reform has significantly reduced the dispersion of the distribution of resources per unit of need. On the negative side, the system has become very complex and obscure regarding the distribution criteria it uses; also, of the five (1987, 1992, 1997, 2002, 2009) major revisions of the system, this is the most expensive.
|Date of creation:||22 Feb 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 404-413-0235|
Web page: http://aysps.gsu.edu/isp/index.html
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Julio López Laborda & Antonio Zabalza, 2011. "Mantenimiento temporal de la equidad horizontal en el sistema de financiación autonómica," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 197(2), pages 37-65, June.
- Angel de la Fuente, 2010.
"El nuevo sistema de financiación regional: Un análisis crítico y proyecciones para 2009,"
- Angel de la Fuente, 2010. "El nuevo sistema de financiación regional: Un análisis crítico y proyecciones para 2009," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 195(4), pages 91-138, december.
- Angel de la Fuente, 2010. "El nuevo sistema de financiación regional: Un análisis crítico y proyecciones para 2009," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 820.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521732116 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ays:ispwps:paper1033. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Benson)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.