Share Portfolios and Risk Management in the Early Years of Financial Capitalism: London 1690-1730
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Carlos, Ann M. & Fletcher, Erin & Neal, Larry, 2012. "Share Portfolios and Risk Management in the Early Years of Financial Capitalism: London 1690-1730," CEI Working Paper Series 2012-12, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lindert, Peter H., 1980. "English Occupations, 1670–1811," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(04), pages 685-712, December.
- Lindert, Peter H, 1986. "Unequal English Wealth since 1670," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(6), pages 1127-1162, December.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli, 2008.
"Financial Literacy and Portfolio Diversification,"
EIEF Working Papers Series
0812, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Oct 2008.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli, 2009. "Financial Literacy and Portfolio Diversification," CSEF Working Papers 212, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli, 2008. "Financial Literacy and Portfolio Diversification," Economics Working Papers ECO2008/31, European University Institute.
- Grassby,Richard, 1995. "The Business Community of Seventeenth-Century England," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521434508, April.
- Natasha Glaisyer, 2007. "Calculating credibility: print culture, trust and economic figures in early eighteenth-century England -super-1," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 60(4), pages 685-711, November.
- Carlos, Ann M. & Key, Jennifer & Dupree, Jill L., 1998. "Learning and the Creation of Stock-Market Institutions: Evidence from the Royal African and Hudson's Bay Companies, 1670–1700," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(02), pages 318-344, June.
- Carlos, Ann M. & Neal, Larry, 2004. "Women investors in early capital markets, 1720 1725," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 197-224, October.
- Lusardi, Annamaria & Mitchell, Olivia S., 2011.
"Financial literacy around the world: an overview,"
Journal of Pension Economics and Finance,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(04), pages 497-508, October.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2011. "Financial Literacy Around the World: An Overview," CeRP Working Papers 106, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2011. "Financial Literacy around the World: An Overview," NBER Working Papers 17107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neal, Larry & Quinn, Stephen, 2001. "Networks of information, markets, and institutions in the rise of London as a financial centre, 1660 1720," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 7-26, April.
- Quinn, Stephen, 2001. "The Glorious Revolution'S Effect On English Private Finance: A Microhistory, 1680 1705," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(03), pages 593-615, September.
- Paul Harrison, 2004. "What Can We Learn for Today from 300-Year-Old Writings about Stock Markets?," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 36(4), pages 667-688, Winter.
- Carlos, Ann M. & Neal, Larry, 2011.
"Amsterdam and London as financial centers in the eighteenth century,"
Financial History Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 21-46, April.
- Carlos, Ann M. & Neal, Larry, 2011. "Amsterdam and London as financial centers in the eighteenth century," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 38799, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Carlos, Ann M. & Moyen, Nathalie & Hill, Jonathan, 2002. "Royal African Company Share Prices during the South Sea Bubble," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 61-87, January.
- Paul Harrison, 2001. "Rational Equity Valuation at the Time of the South Sea Bubble," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 269-281, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goetzmann, Will & Le Bris, David & Pouget, Sébastien, 2017. "The Present Value Relation Over Six Centuries: The Case of the Bazacle Company," TSE Working Papers 17-794, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:auu:hpaper:006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/chanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.