Prolegomenon zu einer evolutorischen Theorie der Unternehmung
The evolutionary theory of economic change in the predominant version of Nelson and Winter has originally put forward an independent theory of the firm only fragmentary. It rests upon the behavioural theory of the firm and the innovation theories of Marshall and Schumpeter. The object of this paper is at the same time to elaborate on this approach and above all to enlarge it through the resource-based- and beyond that the knowledge-based-theory of the firm. This extension by recent findings of „Business Strategy" renders possible a more active part for firms to gain lasting competitive advantages. Besides that it gives rise to an intended heterogeneity among firms. It also necessarily connects the strengths and weaknesses of an individual firm and the opportunities and threats of its environment.
|Date of creation:||May 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitaetsstrasse 16, D-86159 Augsburg, Germany|
Phone: +49 821 598 4060
Fax: +49 821 598 4217
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-augsburg.de/vwl/institut
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Demsetz, Harold, 1988. "The Theory of the Firm Revisited," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 141-61, Spring.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2003.
"Localized Technological Change,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio
200305, University of Turin.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Nelson, Richard R, 1994. "An Introduction to Evolutionary Theories in Economics," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 153-72, September.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1982.
"Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change,"
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 147-162, June.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1993. "Technological paradigms and technological trajectories : A suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 102-103, April.
- Richard Arena & Christian Longhi, 1998. "Markets and organization," Post-Print halshs-00458044, HAL.
- Elster,Jon, 1983. "Explaining Technical Change," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521270724, December.
- Chandler, Alfred Jr., 1992. "What is a firm? : A historical perspective," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 483-492, April.
- Elliott, John E., 1983. "Schumpeter and the theory of capitalist economic development," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 277-308, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aug:augsbe:0202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Albrecht Bossert)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.