Parametric and semiparametric estimation of sample selection models: an empirical application to the female labour force in Portugal
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages, and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 679-694, July.
- Ana Fernandez & Juan Rodriquez-Poo, 1997. "Estimation and specification testing in female labor participation models: parametric and semiparametric methods," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 229-247.
- Horowitz, Joel L., 1993. "Semiparametric estimation of a work-trip mode choice model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 49-70, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernández-Sainz, Ana I. & Rodríguez-Póo, Juan M., 2010. "An Empirical Investigation of Parametric and Semiparametric Estimation Methods in Sample Selection Models = Investigación empírica de métodos de estimación paramétricos y semiparamétricos de modelos d," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 10(1), pages 99-120, December.
More about this item
Keywordsparametric estimation; semiparametric estimation; sample selection model;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2005-01-16 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-EDU-2005-01-16 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2005-01-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2005-01-16 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aub:autbar:636.05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ufuabes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.