Explicit solutions to utility maximization problems in a regime-switching market model via Laplace transforms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Gonzalez, Liliana & Powell, John G. & Shi, Jing & Wilson, Antony, 2005. "Two centuries of bull and bear market cycles," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 469-486.
- Merton, Robert C, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: The Continuous-Time Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 247-257, August.
- Fu, Jun & Wei, Jiaqin & Yang, Hailiang, 2014. "Portfolio optimization in a regime-switching market with derivatives," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(1), pages 184-192.
- Darrell Duffie & Thaleia Zariphopoulou, 1993. "Optimal Investment With Undiversifiable Income Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 135-148, April.
- Q. Zhang & G. Yin, 2004. "Nearly-Optimal Asset Allocation in Hybrid Stock Investment Models," Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Springer, vol. 121(2), pages 419-444, May.
- Ioannis Karatzas & John P. Lehoczky & Suresh P. Sethi & Steven E. Shreve, 1986. "Explicit Solution of a General Consumption/Investment Problem," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 11(2), pages 261-294, May.
- Martín González-Rozada & Luis Pereiro, 2013. "Forecasting Prices in Regime-Switching Markets," Department of Economics Working Papers 2013_2, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Jörn Sass & Ulrich Haussmann, 2004. "Optimizing the terminal wealth under partial information: The drift process as a continuous time Markov chain," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 553-577, November.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Duffie, Darrell & Fleming, Wendell & Soner, H. Mete & Zariphopoulou, Thaleia, 1997. "Hedging in incomplete markets with HARA utility," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(4-5), pages 753-782, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Suresh M. Sundaresan, 2000. "Continuous‐Time Methods in Finance: A Review and an Assessment," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1569-1622, August.
- Luz Rocío Sotomayor & Abel Cadenillas, 2009. "Explicit Solutions Of Consumption‐Investment Problems In Financial Markets With Regime Switching," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 251-279, April.
- Daniela Neykova & Marcos Escobar & Rudi Zagst, 2015. "Optimal investment in multidimensional Markov-modulated affine models," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 503-530, November.
- Jianmin Shi, 2020. "Optimal control of multiple Markov switching stochastic system with application to portfolio decision," Papers 2010.16102, arXiv.org.
- Robert Cox Merton & Francisco Venegas-Martínez, 2021. "Tendencias y perspectivas de la ciencia financiera: Un artículo de revisión," Remef - Revista Mexicana de Economía y Finanzas Nueva Época REMEF (The Mexican Journal of Economics and Finance), Instituto Mexicano de Ejecutivos de Finanzas, IMEF, vol. 16(1), pages 1-15, Enero - M.
- John H. Cochrane, 2014.
"A Mean-Variance Benchmark for Intertemporal Portfolio Theory,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(1), pages 1-49, February.
- John H. Cochrane, 2013. "A Mean-Variance Benchmark for Intertemporal Portfolio Theory," NBER Working Papers 18768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ken Sennewald & Klaus Wälde, 2006.
"“Itô's Lemma” and the Bellman Equation for Poisson Processes: An Applied View,"
Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 89(1), pages 1-36, October.
- Sennewald, Ken & Wälde, Klaus, 2005. ""Ito's Lemma" and the Bellman equation for Poisson processes: An applied view," W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers 58, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Ken Sennewald & Klaus Wälde, 2006. "“Itô’s Lemma“ and the Bellman Equation for Poisson Processes: An Applied View," CESifo Working Paper Series 1684, CESifo.
- Andrew Papanicolaou, 2018. "Backward SDEs for Control with Partial Information," Papers 1807.08222, arXiv.org.
- Letendre, Marc-Andre & Smith, Gregor W., 2001.
"Precautionary saving and portfolio allocation: DP by GMM,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 197-215, August.
- Marc-Andre Letendre & Gregor W. Smith, 2000. "Precautionary Saving And Portfolio Allocation: Dp By Gmm," Working Paper 1247, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- L. A. Bordag & I. P. Yamshchikov & D. Zhelezov, 2015. "Portfolio optimization in the case of an asset with a given liquidation time distribution," Post-Print hal-01186961, HAL.
- Carolina Achury & Sylwia Hubar & Christos Koulovatianos, 2012.
"Saving Rates and Portfolio Choice with Subsistence Consumption,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(1), pages 108-126, January.
- Carolina Achury & Sylwia Hubar & Christos Koulovatianos, 2010. "Saving Rates and Portfolio Choice with Subsistence Consumption," Discussion Papers 10/01, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Carolina Achury & Sylwia Hubar & Christos Koulovatianos, 2011. "Online Appendix to "Saving Rates and Portfolio Choice with Subsistence Consumption"," Online Appendices 10-11, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Achury, Carolina & Hubar, Sylwia & Koulovatianos, Christos, 2011. "Saving rates and portfolio choice with subsistence consumption," CFS Working Paper Series 2011/06, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Carolina Achury & Sylwia Hubar & Christos Koulovatianos, 2011. "Code and data files for "Saving Rates and Portfolio Choice with Subsistence Consumption"," Computer Codes 10-11, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Weiyin Fei, 2014. "Optimal control of uncertain stochastic systems with Markovian switching and its applications to portfolio decisions," Papers 1401.2531, arXiv.org.
- Ljudmila A. Bordag & Ivan P. Yamshchikov & Dmitry Zhelezov, 2014. "Portfolio optimization in the case of an asset with a given liquidation time distribution," Papers 1407.3154, arXiv.org.
- Kaminski, Kathryn M. & Lo, Andrew W., 2014. "When do stop-loss rules stop losses?," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 234-254.
- Cairns, Andrew J.G. & Blake, David & Dowd, Kevin, 2006.
"Stochastic lifestyling: Optimal dynamic asset allocation for defined contribution pension plans,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 843-877, May.
- Cairns, Andrew J. G. & Blake, David & Dowd, Kevin, 2004. "Stochastic lifestyling: optimal dynamic asset allocation for defined contribution pension plans," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24831, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:spr:compst:v:71:y:2010:i:3:p:551-585 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schwartz, Eduardo S & Tebaldi, Claudio, 2004. "Illiquid Assets and Optimal Portfolio Choice," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt7q65t12x, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Kai Li, 2014. "Asset Price Dynamics with Heterogeneous Beliefs and Time Delays," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 1-2014, August.
- Jieting Chen & Yuichiro Kawaguchi, 2018. "Multi-Factor Asset-Pricing Models under Markov Regime Switches: Evidence from the Chinese Stock Market," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-19, May.
- Zhiping Chen & Liyuan Wang & Ping Chen & Haixiang Yao, 2019. "Continuous-Time Mean–Variance Optimization For Defined Contribution Pension Funds With Regime-Switching," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(06), pages 1-33, September.
- Hubar, Sylwia & Koulovatianos, Christos & Li, Jian, 2020.
"The role of labor-income risk in household risk-taking,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 129(C).
- Hubar, Sylwia & Koulovatianos, Christos & Li, Jian, 2020. "The role of labor-income risk in household risk-taking?," CFS Working Paper Series 640, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DGE-2018-05-14 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-UPT-2018-05-14 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1804.08442. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: arXiv administrators (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.