LSV models with stochastic interest rates and correlated jumps
Pricing and hedging exotic options using local stochastic volatility models drew a serious attention within the last decade, and nowadays became almost a standard approach to this problem. In this paper we show how this framework could be extended by adding to the model stochastic interest rates and correlated jumps in all three components. We also propose a new fully implicit modification of the popular Hundsdorfer and Verwer and Modified Craig-Sneyd finite-difference schemes which provides second order approximation in space and time, is unconditionally stable and preserves positivity of the solution, while still has a linear complexity in the number of grid nodes.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carl Chiarella & Boda Kang & Gunter H. Meyer & Andrew Ziogas, 2009.
"The Evaluation Of American Option Prices Under Stochastic Volatility And Jump-Diffusion Dynamics Using The Method Of Lines,"
International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(03), pages 393-425.
- Carl Chiarella & Boda Kang & Gunter H. Meyer & Andrew Ziogas, 2008. "The Evaluation of American Option Prices Under Stochastic Volatility and Jump-Diffusion Dynamics Using the Method of Lines," Research Paper Series 219, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Ako Doffou & Jimmy E. Hilliard, 2001. "Pricing Currency Options Under Stochastic Interest Rates And Jump-Diffusion Processes," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 24(4), pages 565-585, December.
- Carr, Peter & Wu, Liuren, 2004.
"Time-changed Levy processes and option pricing,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 113-141, January.
- Peter Carr & Liuren Wu, 2002. "Time-Changed Levy Processes and Option Pricing," Finance 0207011, EconWPA.
- Michael Johannes, 2004. "The Statistical and Economic Role of Jumps in Continuous-Time Interest Rate Models," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(1), pages 227-260, February.
- Das, Sanjiv R., 2002. "The surprise element: jumps in interest rates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 27-65, January.
- Andrey Itkin, 2013. "Efficient Solution of Backward Jump-Diffusion PIDEs with Splitting and Matrix Exponentials," Papers 1304.3159, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2014.
- Carl Chiarella & Boda Kang, 2009. "The Evaluation of American Compound Option Prices Under Stochastic Volatility Using the Sparse Grid Approach," Research Paper Series 245, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei LevendorskiĬ, 2013. "American Options in the Heston Model with Stochastic Interest Rate and Its Generalizations," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 26-49, March.
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2009. "On The Heston Model with Stochastic Interest Rates," MPRA Paper 20620, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Jan 2010.
- Andrey Itkin, 2014. "Splitting and Matrix Exponential approach for jump-diffusion models with Inverse Normal Gaussian, Hyperbolic and Meixner jumps," Papers 1405.6111, arXiv.org, revised May 2014.
- Andrey Itkin, 2013. "New solvable stochastic volatility models for pricing volatility derivatives," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 111-134, July.
- Andrey Itkin, 2012. "New solvable stochastic volatility models for pricing volatility derivatives," Papers 1205.3550, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2012.
- Andrey Itkin, 2014. "High-Order Splitting Methods for Forward PDEs and PIDEs," Papers 1403.1804, arXiv.org.
- Garland Durham & Yang-Ho Park, 2013. "Beyond Stochastic Volatility and Jumps in Returns and Volatility," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 107-121, January.
- Medvedev, Alexey & Scaillet, Olivier, 2010. "Pricing American options under stochastic volatility and stochastic interest rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 145-159, October.
- Doffou, Ako & Hilliard, Jimmy E, 2001. "Pricing Currency Options under Stochastic Interest Rates and Jump-Diffusion Processes," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 24(4), pages 565-585, Winter.
- Igor Halperin & Andrey Itkin, 2013. "USLV: Unspanned Stochastic Local Volatility Model," Papers 1301.4442, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2013. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1511.01460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.