On multicurve models for the term structure
In the context of multi-curve modeling we consider a two-curve setup, with one curve for discounting (OIS swap curve) and one for generating future cash flows (LIBOR for a give tenor). Within this context we present an approach for the clean-valuation pricing of FRAs and CAPs (linear and nonlinear derivatives) with one of the main goals being also that of exhibiting an "adjustment factor" when passing from the one-curve to the two-curve setting. The model itself corresponds to short rate modeling where the short rate and a short rate spread are driven by affine factors; this allows for correlation between short rate and short rate spread as well as to exploit the convenient affine structure methodology. We briefly comment also on the calibration of the model parameters, including the correlation factor.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masaaki Kijima & Keiichi Tanaka & Tony Wong, 2009. "A multi-quality model of interest rates," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 133-145.
- Marco Bianchetti, 2009.
"Two Curves, One Price: Pricing & Hedging Interest Rate Derivatives Decoupling Forwarding and Discounting Yield Curves,"
0905.2770, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2012.
- Bianchetti, Marco, 2008. "Two Curves, One Price :Pricing & Hedging Interest Rate Derivatives Decoupling Forwarding and Discounting Yield Curves," MPRA Paper 22022, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Jan 2010.
- Masaaki Fujii & Yasufumi Shimada & Akihiko Takahashi, 2009. "A Market Model of Interest Rates with Dynamic Basis Spreads in the presence of Collateral and Multiple Currencies," CARF F-Series CARF-F-196, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo, revised Apr 2011.
- Carl Chiarella & Samuel Chege Maina & Christina Nikitopoulos-Sklibosios, 2010. "Markovian Defaultable HJM Term Structure Models with Unspanned Stochastic Volatility," Research Paper Series 283, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Carl Chiarella & Christina Nikitopoulos Sklibosios & Erik Schlögl, 2007.
"A Markovian Defaultable Term Structure Model With State Dependent Volatilities,"
International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(01), pages 155-202.
- Carl Chiarella & Erik Schlögl & Christina Nikitopoulos-Sklibosios, 2004. "A Markovian Defaultable Term Structure Model with State Dependent Volatilities," Research Paper Series 135, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Filipović, Damir & Trolle, Anders B., 2013. "The term structure of interbank risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 707-733.
- Stéphane Crépey & Rémi Gerboud & Zorana Grbac & Nathalie Ngor, 2013. "Counterparty Risk And Funding: The Four Wings Of The Tva," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(02), pages 1350006-1-1.
- Andrea Pallavicini & Damiano Brigo, 2013. "Interest-Rate Modelling in Collateralized Markets: Multiple curves, credit-liquidity effects, CCPs," Papers 1304.1397, arXiv.org.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1401.5431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.