Variance matters (in stochastic dividend discount models)
Stochastic dividend discount models (Hurley and Johnson, 1994 and 1998, Yao, 1997) present expressions for the expected value of stock prices when future dividends evolve according to some random scheme. In this paper we try to offer a more precise view on this issue proposing a closed-form formula for the variance of stock prices.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00721339 is not listed on IDEAS
- Myron J. Gordon & Eli Shapiro, 1956. "Capital Equipment Analysis: The Required Rate of Profit," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 102-110, October.
- Dominique Guégan & Wayne Tarrant, 2012.
"On the necessity of five risk measures,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 533-552, November.
- Dominique Guegan & Wayne Tarrant, 2010. "On the necessity of five risk measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00460901, HAL.
- Dominique Guegan & Wayne Tarrant, 2012. "On the Necessity of Five Risk Measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00721339, HAL.
- Dominique Guegan & Wayne Tarrant, 2010. "On the necessity of five risk measures," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 10005, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1311.0236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.