Analytical Pricing of American Bond Options in the Heath-Jarrow-Morton Model
We study the optimal stopping problem of pricing an American Put option on a Zero Coupon Bond (ZCB) in the Musiela's parametrization of the Heath-Jarrow-Morton (HJM) model for forward interest rates. First we show regularity properties of the price function by probabilistic methods. Then we find an infinite dimensional variational formulation of the pricing problem by approximating the original optimal stopping problem by finite dimensional ones, after a suitable smoothing of the payoff. As expected, the first time the price of the American bond option equals the payoff is shown to be optimal.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:||Mar 2014|
|Publication status:||Published in Stochastic Processes and their Applications 125 (2015) 678-707|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992.
"Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- David Heath & Robert Jarrow & Andrew Morton, 2008. "Bond Pricing And The Term Structure Of Interest Rates: A New Methodology For Contingent Claims Valuation," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 13, pages 277-305 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Björk, Tomas & Christensen, Bent Jesper, 1997.
"Interest Rate Dynamics and Consistent Forward Rate Curves,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
209, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Tomas Björk & Bent Jesper Christensen, 1999. "Interest Rate Dynamics and Consistent Forward Rate Curves," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 323-348.
- Camilla Landén & Tomas Björk, 2002. "On the construction of finite dimensional realizations for nonlinear forward rate models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 303-331.
- Björk, Tomas & Landen, Camilla, 2000. "On the construction of finite dimensional realizations for nonlinear forward rate models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 420, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Dariusz Gatarek & Andrzej Świech, 1999. "Optimal stopping in Hilbert spaces and pricing of American options," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 50(1), pages 135-147, August.
- Michał Barski & Jerzy Zabczyk, 2012. "Forward rate models with linear volatilities," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 537-560, July.
- repec:spr:compst:v:50:y:1999:i:1:p:135-147 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carl Chiarella & Oh Kwon, 2003. "Finite Dimensional Affine Realisations of HJM Models in Terms of Forward Rates and Yields," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 129-155, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1212.0781. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.