Detection of Crashes and Rebounds in Major Equity Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wanfeng Yan & Reda Rebib & Ryan Woodard & Didier Sornette, "undated". "Detection of Crashes and Rebounds in Major Equity Markets," Working Papers ETH-RC-11-001, ETH Zurich, Chair of Systems Design.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wanfeng Yan & Edgar van Tuyll van Serooskerken, 2015. "Forecasting Financial Extremes: A Network Degree Measure of Super-Exponential Growth," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(9), pages 1-15, September.
- Lleo, Sébastien & Ziemba, William T., 2015.
"Some historical perspectives on the Bond-Stock Earnings Yield Model for crash prediction around the world,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 399-425.
- Lleo, Sebastien & Ziemba, Bill, 2014. "Some historical perspectives on the Bond-Stock Earnings Yield Model for crash prediction around the world," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60960, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Wosnitza, Jan Henrik & Leker, Jens, 2014. "Can log-periodic power law structures arise from random fluctuations?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 401(C), pages 228-250.
- Zhang, Qunzhi & Sornette, Didier & Balcilar, Mehmet & Gupta, Rangan & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin & Yetkiner, Hakan, 2016.
"LPPLS bubble indicators over two centuries of the S&P 500 index,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 458(C), pages 126-139.
- Qunzhi Zhang & Didier Sornette & Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Zeynel A. Ozdemir & Hakan Yetkiner, 2016. "LPPLS Bubble Indicators over Two Centuries of the S&P 500 Index," Working Papers 201606, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Sornette, Didier & Woodard, Ryan & Yan, Wanfeng & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2013. "Clarifications to questions and criticisms on the Johansen–Ledoit–Sornette financial bubble model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(19), pages 4417-4428.
- Jan-Christian Gerlach & Jerome Kreuser & Didier Sornette, 2020. "Awareness of crash risk improves Kelly strategies in simulated financial time series," Papers 2004.09368, arXiv.org.
- Kaizoji, Taisei & Leiss, Matthias & Saichev, Alexander & Sornette, Didier, 2015.
"Super-exponential endogenous bubbles in an equilibrium model of fundamentalist and chartist traders,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 289-310.
- Taisei KAIZOJI & Matthias LEISS & Alexander I. SAICHEV & Didier SORNETTE, 2015. "Super-Exponential Endogenous Bubbles in an Equilibrium Model of Fundamentalist and Chartist Traders," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 15-07, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Riza Demirer & Guilherme Demos & Rangan Gupta & Didier Sornette, 2019.
"On the predictability of stock market bubbles: evidence from LPPLS confidence multi-scale indicators,"
Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 843-858, May.
- Riza Demirer & Guilherme Demos & Rangan Gupta & Didier Sornette, 2017. "On the Predictability of Stock Market Bubbles: Evidence from LPPLS ConfidenceTM Multi-scale Indicators," Working Papers 201752, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Shiryaev, Albert N. & Zhitlukhin, Mikhail N. & Ziemba, William T., 2014. "Land and stock bubbles, crashes and exit strategies in Japan circa 1990 and in 2013," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59288, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Li, Chong, 2017. "Log-periodic view on critical dates of the Chinese stock market bubbles," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 465(C), pages 305-311.
- Jerome L Kreuser & Didier Sornette, 2017. "Super-Exponential RE Bubble Model with Efficient Crashes," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 17-33, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Vakhtina, Elena & Wosnitza, Jan Henrik, 2015. "Capital market based warning indicators of bank runs," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 417(C), pages 304-320.
- Wosnitza, Jan Henrik & Denz, Cornelia, 2013. "Liquidity crisis detection: An application of log-periodic power law structures to default prediction," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(17), pages 3666-3681.
- V. I. Yukalov & E. P. Yukalova & D. Sornette, 2015. "Dynamical system theory of periodically collapsing bubbles," Papers 1507.05311, arXiv.org.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CFN-2011-08-09 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-ECM-2011-08-09 (Econometrics)
- NEP-FMK-2011-08-09 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-FOR-2011-08-09 (Forecasting)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1108.0077. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: arXiv administrators (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.